T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Here is the correct information for the pistons/struts for the Stahls Maxx Press
80 lb. force, 9.06 extended and 5.12 compressed. I had ordered the ones that the first
person suggested from Strut - Your - Stuff-Here but when I tried to put them on the 10" was to
long. I do have to say that Mike and his team did an awesome job in getting me these struts ASAP.

So if needed these are the guys to go to when you need to replace these.

I know this thread is a bit dated... but they have same size Gas Springs (as SPD-GSNI-6601-KJJ) at McMaster Carr, $12.30 each. They have other sizes also, and finding a match for other makes models of presses should be pretty simple. Just take one off and measure it. For Stahl's 16x20 Auto Clam, 80lb force, M6 threaded ends, they measure the extended length a bit different but item # is 9416K12
These have the ends threaded without ends, so you need to keep your old ends and screw them on the new Gas Springs. Their prices are great and shipping is really fast. When I get a chance I'll see what brand/model/stock # is stamped on them in case someone is interested.

I know this thread is a bit dated... but they have same size Gas Springs (as SPD-GSNI-6601-KJJ) at McMaster Carr, $12.30 each. They have other sizes also, and finding a match for other makes models of presses should be pretty simple. Just take one off and measure it. For Stahl's 16x20 Auto Clam, 80lb force, M6 threaded ends, they measure the extended length a bit different but item # is 9416K12
These have the ends threaded without ends, so you need to keep your old ends and screw them on the new Gas Springs. Their prices are great and shipping is really fast. When I get a chance I'll see what brand/model/stock # is stamped on them in case someone is interested.
Thanks for this info!!! My Hotronix 16x20 Auto Clam got where it wouldn't stay open. I ordered these and they came the next day! They were $27.38 for 2 plus $6.87 shipping ($34.25 total) Saved $50 by ordering these! Kept the ends off the old springs and screwed them on the new ones... works like a charm!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.