T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

I wanted to thank the community for all the valuable information that is on this site. I am a complete newb to this industry yet after browsing these forums for the last couple of days, I now feel so much more knowledgeable and confident about putting my feet to the fire.

In terms of my question, I searched the forum but was unable to find any info about this. I live in a condo which has concrete foundation for the floors and ceilings. However, the walls are made of plaster and aren't super thin but certainly loud noises can be heard.

I'm trying to figure out which press would be better in terms of loudness. From the youtube videos I've watched, it seems like both machines have a fairly loud metallic "pop" upon release. Is there any way to dilute this sound by possibly cushioning the handle?
If not, can someone provide any insight as to how loud these machines are? I am pretty close to pulling the trigger but the last thing I want are pissed off neighbors complaining to building management.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
They both make a fair amount of sound and the automatic having more, there is no way to muffle it because its not just the handle but the whole mechanism. There isn't a heatpress out there that doesn't make a fairly significant noise on opening.... Good selection on the press !!

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I would say that the noise from these machines might be annoying to a neighbor. Do you really need the semi auto model? If you had a manual press you can release the handle without a significant amount of noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I'm gathering that the best option is to go with a manual or swing away machine.

Between these two, I take it the swing away would be the quietest?

Are there any drawbacks to a swing vs a clam?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.