T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I purchased a Hottronix Air Fusion swing away press and I need an air compress to go along with it.

Initially I was set on the ultra quiet California Air tools; 8 gallon, 1 horse power but it may not be powerful enough at 2.2 cfm when at 90psi. I also see that they have a 10 gallon 2 horse power. I called sthals as well as the California air compressors manufacture but its tough to get a solid answer on weather or not the compressor will work. I get the feeling neither of them will but wanted to ask if anyone is using a ultra quiet California Air tools compressor (either 8 or 10 gallon) with their air fusion?

If the ultra quiet California Air compressors won't do the trick, I saw a Husky 4.5 gallon with a 175 max psi and a cfm of 3 when at 90psi. Is anyone running that air compressor with the air fusion? Think it will work?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It depends on the number of items and how often you will use your heat press. A larger tank is typically better because your compressor does not need to run as often.

I would also factor the decibel level in my purchase decision.

William

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Initially I was set on the ultra quiet California Air tools; 8 gallon, 1 horse power but it may not be powerful enough at 2.2 cfm when at 90psi.
More than enough for one heat press.
Very similar specs to the one Histrionics is selling for this heat press.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Gotta love auto correct. But $750??? GTFOOHWTS
May explain the unwillingness to provide the info, so people can buy one at the regular market price.
Just like their heat-presses... decent quality but overpriced.
They do the same thing we do though... Stick a brand/design on a product and sell it for 4-5 times the price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is the exact compressor that I got and it works up to the maximum 120 PSI at no problems for the Heat Press:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Is it as quiet as they claim?
Nope! They are definitelly not "quiet", but they are a lot less noisy than regular compressors.
These sound like a commercial refrigerator/AC compressor without the insulation (because that's what they are).
The tanks do amplify the noise as well, and the ones with large tanks will be more noisy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.