T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using McLaud cold peel film for a while. I recently bought the DTF Superstore hot peel and it always wants to pull up the edge of the design. Never had an issue with the cold peel. What causes this? I have tried different drying times on the powder. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

·
Registered
Custom DTF Transfers
39 Posts
Hot peel is really safest as warm peel, best to let it cool somewhat. Maybe not fair to call hot peel a myth, but optimistic in many cases.

You can also experiment with more pressure and longer press time, but the tweak may depend on many variables including your current settings, equipment and materials (including film), design's ink density and level of detail.. It's also possible that it's too hot, and needs less dwell time and/or temp, more pressure, longer cooling time (as mentioned), or any combination.

·
Administrator
15,475 Posts
Hot peel is really safest as warm peel, best to let it cool somewhat. Maybe not fair to call hot peel a myth, but optimistic in many cases.

You can also experiment with more pressure and longer press time, but the tweak may depend on many variables including your current settings, equipment and materials (including film).
Does it hurt, after peel, to cover the image with a teflon sheet and repress for a couple of seconds?

·
Registered
Custom DTF Transfers
39 Posts
Does it hurt, after peel, to cover the image with a teflon sheet and repress for a couple of seconds?
Some say second press is not necessary, but I advise it.

Benefits of second press are softer hand feel, improved durability, and will remediate any visible adhesive residue that may occasionally remain on garment. However, to a small degree, second press may mute vivid color. I think the tradeoff is well worth it - and only a few seconds time.

Cover with Teflon sheet (textured Teflon for best results) and press the second time for 5-8 seconds.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I recently bought the DTF Superstore hot peel and it always wants to pull up the edge of the design.
Hot-peel DTF is a unicorn.
The heat reactive adhesive needed for hot-peel transfers will obviously activate and solidify permanently if the transfer is heat cured.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hot-peel DTF is a unicorn.
The heat reactive adhesive needed for hot-peel transfers will obviously activate and solidify permanently if the transfer is heat cured.
I guess you never worked with DTF from SupaColour? They are hot peel, not warm or cold peel. The film releases so super easily if you peel right after pressing, the same cannot be said if you wait a minute or two.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been using McLaud cold peel film for a while. I recently bought the DTF Superstore hot peel and it always wants to pull up the edge of the design. Never had an issue with the cold peel. What causes this? I have tried different drying times on the powder. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
In that case you have to press for a longer period of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts