T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY THERE PEOPLE, I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK WICH HAS PROBABLY BEEN BROUGHT UP TIME AND TIME AGAIN BUT SINCE IM NEW HERE I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND GOIN OVER IT AGAIN. I AM ABOUT TO BUY A PRESS AND START PLASTISOL HEAT TRANSFERS TO DO MY CLOTHING LINE AND I WAS JUST CURIOUS TO WHAT THE DIFFRENCE IS BETWEEN "HOT PEEL" "COLD PEEL" "OPAQUE..? BECAUSE TO START OFF IM GOING TO BE DOING MOSTLY BLACK SHIRTS..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Opaque refers to the transfers being applied to a dark garment. The transfers have to have a thicker layer of ink, so that you dont see the garment through the ink.

There are so many different types of cold peel and hot peel transfers, that it is not possible to describe them all. It depends on what type of ink the printer uses, and there ar many different brands of ink.

Hot peel is typically for light colored garments, and cold peel is typically for dark garments, but there are hot peel transfers for dark garments, and cold peel for light. It would be impossible to cover it all. The best thing would be to ask your printer about their inks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
THANKS FOR THE INFO BUT I HAVE NEVER OWNED A PRESS OR DONE ANYTHING IN THIS FIELD SO I AM BASICALLY CLUELESS TO WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS BAD OUT THERE BUT I GUESS WE NEVER KNOW TIL WE TRY BUT .THANKS AGAIN PEOPLE.. ALL THE INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hot Peel or Cold Peel refers to how when you peel the backing sheet off of your transfer after it has been pressed. Typically a hot peel or a cold peel is recommended by the manufacturer to give you the best possible results in regards to the adhesion a design has to the garment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts