T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since flushing my printhead, I've been getting a Hot Head Error (#41). Can anyone help?

Note 1: I'd like to reset the error. Is that possible?
Note 2: I have a slightly bent pin on the carriage-mounted circuit board. Connectivity is good (I tested this) but can't be sure its contacting the ribbon cable properly.

Thanks

Matt

· Premium Member
614 Posts
Matt,

You cannot reset a hot error condition as its related to a physical pin on the print head cable that's either not connected or means that the internal circuits within the print head think it's over operating temperature.
Since its happening upon power up I would expect its only a connection issue.
If you removed the print head cables then take an eraser and clean all the silver ends on the cables and re-seat them.

Mark

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,

I think pin #2 (the second pin on the top left ribbon cable coming from the printhead) is bent and may not be making good contact with the ribbon. Would that cause the error? Can I remove, bend, and resolder? Alternately, can I trick it somehow?

Thanks for the holiday response. I won't be able to call this week due to day job scheduling.

Matt

· Premium Member
614 Posts
Matt,

Yes, XHOT is pin 2 on connector CN11 that is marked on our print head interface board.
If it's grounded or not connected it will signal the HEAD HOT error.
I do not think you could tie it high (3.3v) as it may not be able to regulate the head driver temperatures correctly.
You really need to try and make a good connection with this pin since the controller should look for changes.

Mark

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Matt, in most cases, you can unfold that pin. Be gentle with it, but you should be able to take your fingernail and gentle scrape it to unfold it. Are these on one of the two fat cables or one of the 4 thin cables?

· Registered
84 Posts
Is it the pin on the ribbon cable or in the socket that is bent? If the pin on the ribbon cable is bent then it is a bit more of a hassle to install and reglue a new cable on the printhead (that is if it can't be smoothed out with a fingernail like Jerid explained). If it is a pin in the socket on the printhead interface board that is bent, then the printhead interface board should be replaced.

· Registered
19 Posts
Since flushing my printhead, I've been getting a Hot Head Error (#41). Can anyone help?

Note 1: I'd like to reset the error. Is that possible?
Note 2: I have a slightly bent pin on the carriage-mounted circuit board. Connectivity is good (I tested this) but can't be sure its contacting the ribbon cable properly.

Thanks

Matt
Hi Matt! So, what happened with your machine? Im from Argentina and Im willing to buy one! Could you tell me about your experience? Any clogs problems? Would you recomend the machine?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.