T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i have a SpreadShirt shop, i have been wanting to have my own clothing line for a while...and zazzle's print size were too limiting for me.

I put up the shop with all of my shirt designs and i ordered one for my brother...two weeks later i found out that they had "miss placed" my order, it got to my house a few days after that.

Of course, when i finally got it ..it was nothing like id imagined. I have ordered my "Beauty Till Death" shirt from Zazzle and it was just like it shows on the mock-up. The shirt from Spread Shirt, (which was supposed to be a direct transfer on a Black shirt), was a lot smaller than what i chose it to be on the product placement design tool. It was on that plastic..vinyl looking thing that gets off after a few times you wash it. It was supposed to be a gift for my brother..it was a waste of money.

After that incident i deactivated my shop.

I really hope that i can find a good printing service for my shirts..there's lots of people who want to buy my Eazy-E shirt and i have no where to produce a quality product.

Anyone know any websites that are trust worthy?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
also, i wouldnt be able to print my Eazy E shirt on Zazzle.
You wouldn't be able to print that shirt anywhere without the permission of the Eazy E estate. Or at least any print service that caught it probably wouldn't print it.

Of course, when i finally got it ..it was nothing like id imagined. I have ordered my "Beauty Till Death" shirt from Zazzle and it was just like it shows on the mock-up. The shirt from Spread Shirt, (which was supposed to be a direct transfer on a Black shirt), was a lot smaller than what i chose it to be on the product placement design tool. It was on that plastic..vinyl looking thing that gets off after a few times you wash it. It was supposed to be a gift for my brother..it was a waste of money.
Sounds like you used the digital overlay printing instead of the DTG printing.

The DTG printing quality at spreadshirt would be much better than the DTG Overlay.

Have you already emailed or contacted spreadshirt to let them know about the problem with your order? That should probably be your first start. They may be able to fix the issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, Karina,

I've asked the team to contact you again. It would help us if we can get the shirt back. (We'll pay the shipping.) As Rodney stated, what you describe sounds like Digital Transfer Overlay, but your order was for Digital Direct. It definitely should not wash off (in either case) after 3 washes.

Looking at the order, it was ordered on the 19th and shipped on the 20th. There is an exception stated from UPS, so something happened. I'm not sure what as I don't work with the UPS system as much. Again, I'll ask the team to verify.

Thanks,
Jana

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill post pics and the lady that called about the product didnt know what was going on with the product..

the first time i got the wrong tracking # so that was no help either

on the shirt sample it doesnt look 10x10..it looks like you can get a large print on front...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, Karina,

I've asked the team to contact you again. It would help us if we can get the shirt back. (We'll pay the shipping.) As Rodney stated, what you describe sounds like Digital Transfer Overlay, but your order was for Digital Direct. It definitely should not wash off (in either case) after 3 washes.

Looking at the order, it was ordered on the 19th and shipped on the 20th. There is an exception stated from UPS, so something happened. I'm not sure what as I don't work with the UPS system as much. Again, I'll ask the team to verify.

Thanks,
Jana
would you be able to do the print the size that it shows on the product creating tool? also, would it be Digital Direct this time? Should i edit the image used in any way?

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You wouldn't be able to print that shirt anywhere without the permission of the Eazy E estate. Or at least any print service that caught it probably wouldn't print it.
true, i talked to a spreadshirt representative today and he told me the same thing...

:(

i need to dig up in my connections to get a permission to print it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Karina,

I called and left you a message today. I wanted to talk to you personally but Tim didn't see my IM in time. I would still like to talk to you. If you get the chance, please call me at 724-832-1993 x-1261

Thanks!
-Jamie, Spreadshirt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as you can see, the color quality is outstanding, but the size and the type of printing doesnt do the design any justice.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
:shudders:

Um, well, it looks like for sure that's NOT the DTG (Digital Direct) printing. That's an opaque transfer (digital transfer overlay)

So it does look like it was printed using the wrong technology if you ordered the other type.

on the shirt sample it doesnt look 10x10..it looks like you can get a large print on front...
What size t-shirt did you order?

A 10"x10" print on a Small t-shirt will cover up more of the t-shirt (and look more like it does in the designer) than a 10"x10" print on a the XXL size that I would wear.

Did you measure the print you received. I'm not sure the size of the design is off.

I know there are maximum print sizes for each of the printing methods and you should be able to input what size you want the design to be printed when you are creating it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its a Large shirt..
:(

i called some people from Sony and Epic Records so that i can get permission for the Eazy E shirt
:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow! This is interesting. I've been sitting on a shirt over at Spreadshirt that I recently ordered with Red Bubble. I heard and read the quality was not geat with Spreadshirt so I moved over to Red Bubble. However Red Bubble's machine broke and I have a very long wait on my hands so I thought I would try printing over at Spreadshirt just to give it a shot. This post makes me think twice about that. You mentioned you liked Zazzle? Hmm. I'll have to have a look at their site.

It's proving much harder than I thought to find a simple place to print some nice T-shirts online.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow! This is interesting. I've been sitting on a shirt over at Spreadshirt that I recently ordered with Red Bubble. I heard and read the quality was not geat with Spreadshirt so I moved over to Red Bubble. However Red Bubble's machine broke and I have a very long wait on my hands so I thought I would try printing over at Spreadshirt just to give it a shot. This post makes me think twice about that. You mentioned you liked Zazzle? Hmm. I'll have to have a look at their site.

It's proving much harder than I thought to find a simple place to print some nice T-shirts online.

Thanks for the info.

im hoping that it was a one-time mistake and that i can continue printing with Spreadshirt. i need to get more informed though.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I agree with Rodney, that is definately a opaque transfer and not dtg. That particular design would look awesome with dtg as you would never see an outline around the image like that. In fact that is a perfect example of what type of design works great for dtg. Hopefully you will get the problem resolved and they will take care of it for you. It sounds like they are making the effort which is good :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts