T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a place to find nice business cards? I recently ordered the 'free' ones (cost me $38+ with color sides, uploaded design and shipping) from vista print and they looked like junk- thin paper, and dull looking. I can reorder with thicker paper- or glossy- but not both! ( I think Vistaprint is contracting these out, they are also slightly smaller than standard)
Thanks for any input-Greg

· Registered
10,343 Posts
uprinting.com, order 1000 at a time, better option. you should be going through that many cards every few weeks anyway, cheap advertising.

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
If shipping to Maui is going to be an issue, you could also just walk into any print shop in town. Yes, there are a ton of decent places online to get business cards - but it's also still big business in the real world. Pretty much any print shop will do a decent job, and most of them don't charge all that much to do it. Even just blindly walking around the business district of town should eventually land you in front of a print shop.

· Registered
118 Posts
We use GotPrint. I have full color (both sides) with UV gloss coating. 500 is just $15.45 (I know....CRAZY cheap!) Register with the site and you'll get dealer pricing. Even without dealer pricing, though, you just can't beat what they offer. We often get the "wow" effect when we hand people our cards - which I like a lot! :)

Oh - you can also request a sample kit where they will send you samples of what they offer. This allows you to see and touch before you buy.

· Registered
2,986 Posts
man- you're pretty witty! just not helpful. Unless you can recommend a specific place -please 'help' other people. Your veiled arrogance toward my simple question is unfitting for a 'moderator'.

I have to say that I think you took what Solmu said differently than it was meant. I understand what he's talking about....I know too that in the islands that prices can be high. Remember ask for the 'local' price. And check out pressexprint.com too. ;)

hang loose,
Aloha,
Denise
(From Oahu)

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Unless you can recommend a specific place -please 'help' other people.
My point was, and is, that us internet-savvy folk sometimes overcomplicate things by looking for an internet-based solution.

Some things are easier done by picking up a phone or hitting the pavement, and that's something we sometimes forget.

Very few companies print bad business cards. All of them will show you samples. It's not something you really need a referral for, like you might want with a screenprinter for example.

My specific recommendation is that you go out into the real world and support your local community.

· Registered
5 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sometimes we assume the wrong thing as perhalps I did in reading some of the replys. However, the point of my questioning seemed simple- and I thank people who wanted to share helpful info. But to assume that I have not checked local vendors was a wrong assumption. I had a design company do my first cards- they were Okay, but expensive. I then went to Office Depot who then made my next set of cards. I was suprised to find upon recieving them they were very cheap looking. I was told by the print shop there that business cards printed above 12pt and higher would have to be printed on the Mainland, since the machines on the Islands were not capable of printing card stock that thick. I later questioned the designer of my first cards, and he too told me that he had got his cards in California for the same reason.
Okay, all put aside, I just want any suggestions for who you recommend. I didnt think I would have to qualify my questions before getting help.
favorite quote- 'I dont give explainations, my friends dont need them, and my enemies dont deserve them'

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
I didnt think I would have to qualify my questions before getting help.
It really does help to give as much info as possible, especially in an online forum :) That way we know what you've tried and what information you *don't* need.

It's true that sometimes people do overlook some of the common answers to questions. For example, this topic has been covered a few times in the past and lots of great business card printers have been suggested. So each person offering a suggestion had to assume that you already looked at all those threads but still wanted more suggestions :)

We're all here to help, giving lots of information helps us do that. Hopefully one of the many suggestions in this thread will help you on your next business card run.

· Registered
285 Posts
I've used Vista a few times and never had an issue...although I did discover that they were slightly undersized as you mentioned. My original design had the text too close to the lower border and it looked weird, but that was all.

The print quality was top notch and I get a lot of compliments. (Gloss)

My graphic's designer is an "Art God", so that plays a big factor in the compliments! lol

Reactions: micromaui-closed
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.