T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Well, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lara and I'm a hopeful t-shirt designer. My interest in t-shirt design came from trying to raise money for a trip to Brasil about 2 years ago. I thought of creating my own t-shirt line and was almost through the process till I found out I was going to have a baby :eek: :D. The t-shirt stuff was put on hold, till now, and so I'm trying to find as much info as possible to get my t-shirt business rolling.

I have very, very, very little knowledge of the t-shirt industry, but know of a view folks who have created shirts and/or in the screenprinting business here in California.

Off the top of my head, there is still more research I have to do, but I wanted to know if anyone has information about alternative ways of screenprinting. It's really been my sister who brought my attention to environmental, alternative use of stuff. Along with the discussions we've had about hybrids and, as graphic designers, the use of alternative printing methods (i.e. vegetable ink), I am concerned about the environment. If there are alternative ways of doing things that can help the planet, then I can, at least, try to put in more effort to clean it up (although it's pretty hard). Anyway, I briefly glanced through a t-shirt company, online, that screen prints using environmentally save inks and shirts, so I have to go back and look over that more, but any info anyone can provide here will be appreciated.

Sorry, I tend to get long winded. Hope to learn more about the industry and stuff.

Take care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts