T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Iowa. I have been thinking for some time about starting a small t-shirt business and have been reading here for a few days. I want to thank you all for the great advise that I have read. I am in no way an artist so will have to rely on stock transfers, where are some of the best places to shop for these? Also my son will be joing me in this business and we would like to stay with a Christian focus, do you feel this would work?

Money is short so I would like an idea of what to order to start with for t-shirts, size, quanity etc.

I read the t-shirts 101 and found it great, if there are any more articles like that I would sure like to read them.

Feel free to e-mail me at any times with suggestion and help of any kind.

Thanks,

Jim:)

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Jim, welcome to the T-ShirtForums. You can get stock transfers at proworldinc.com.

As far as sizes and quantity, you may want to try a search of the forums for sizes and you should find some past posts about size breakdown recommendation (although buying blanks in bulk in not always necessary if you are printing via heat transfer).

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Are you setting up a website and are you going to sell wholesale or retail? I would also buy a cheap design software and try to make some of your own designs that way you have your own niche. Also if you have an idea of what you want you can find one of us out here to do one for you and email the design. I do both retail and Wholesale but my biggest business is wholesale and I buy my stock after I get an order. I believe keeping stock on the shelf is like keeping money on the shelf. When a client tells me what sizes and quantity he need then I order and the company I use gets me my supply in less than 3 days. I keep a few sizes on hand for single sales but it less than 24 units. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts