T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i hop on this board ( yep, learning and researching is the reason why ), but is it just me or is this board kinda stiff ? .... i mean siff like in not much fun when talking about the biz and so on.

peeps like Lou and others that live here do put " the fun " into it, but very few others do and it scares me.

Is the t-shirt biz really that serious folks ?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Gee do I have groupees. You know Lucy those are really nice words.. your right.. I think there are a lot of people here who are not used to writing or they just don't know how to word themselves. Me I say what i want and then Rodney spanks me sometimes. I try to help as many as I can. Sometimes I get on and see the same thing over and over again and that is because they do not know how to use the search area and find out how to look at information that has been explained. If you ever had a conversation with me for real you would find that I am the same way in person as I am on this forum. My wife says I am too outspoken around people.. No one scares me. One time while working for the VA in Los Angeles during a federal budget crises and as chief of operations for retail for 3 hospitals I started a food program to help feed employees that were not getting paid. CNN wanted to interview me about the program I started. I had to ask my big boss back east.. I could feel his apprehension when I told him what I was going to do.. He said.. eh, Lou please, please watch what you say.. I said.. hey boss it is only CNN. It went well and I got a call from my boss later saying they had a bet going that I would get political about what was going on.. He lost.The interview was cut to 30 seconds when broadcast. They cut out the best part. me getting political about what was going on. Lou

·
2,957 Posts
I don't think it should scare you!

I also think that there's more humor here than you may realize.

Stick around a while. You may be surprised.

Better yet. Go read some VERY old posts! I think a lot of the people you would think of as stiff, have quite a bit of a sense of humor!

I love to have fun as much as the next guy, but I also enjoy helping people, which is the whole point of Rodney's universe, here!

But believe me, when the opportunity arises where I can have fun AND help, I'll be the first one to take full advantage of that!

Like Lou, I also say what I feel. And like Lou, have had my share of Rodney's lashings!

Also, I know that it's harder for me to be that way now because I'm so busy. So I'll glance over some threads that interest me, help out when I can, and go back to what keeps me so busy!

Don't be scared, just stick around, and you'll see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
ok, so i hop on this board ( yep, learning and researching is the reason why ), but is it just me or is this board kinda stiff ? .... i mean siff like in not much fun when talking about the biz and so on.
Hi Lucy, thanks for the feedback on the forums. I've moved this thread to the T-ShirtForums feedback area, since it is feedback about the forums :)

As Greg said, I'm sure we all like to have fun as much as the next person, but the purpose of the forums here is to get help and help others.

Sometimes, when people are asking for help, a "funny" response might be just what they need, or sometimes they may feel like they are being made fun of, since they don't "know" the person responding or how their particular sense of humor works.

I'm not here to "lash" or "spank" anyone, but I think being professional and not overly rude can make a forum a much more inviting place for all members.

There is a lot of humor here, but there's a time and place for everything :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts