T-Shirt Forums banner

homemade washout booth

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  seacookie 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and getting back into screen printing from a 5 year absence. I have a one color press, I have a good exposure unit, flash dryer and all that material I need to screen print. however clean up is a bit hectic for me. I live in a small apartment in an apartment complex and on rainy or snowy days its very hard to clean my screens effectively especially in the bathtub. My wife bless her heart is putting up with all the equipment in the kitchen but is getting a little mad about the ink I accidentally leave in the tub, so this leads me to my question, does anyone out there know of or have made a makeshift washout booth that fits in the tub and that would prevent over spray or ink getting everywhere. its very frustrating. In the summer I wont mind going outside to do it. so any help or instruction would be great. Thank you for reading my first post on this forum. I look forward to posting many more. Have a great day.

#2 ·
Hi, I have recently (kind of) made a wash out booth. I have been at uni for 3 years and I am missing the resources! As I'm using A3 screens I made a fairly small temporary wash out booth by using an under bed plastic box and a plastic planter from WILKO. These slotted together perfectly with the under bed storage slotting inside the planter. It sits in at an angle which directs the water flow into the planter so I can empty this later. I could potentially drill holes into the bottom of the storage box so that it drains more efficiently.
I hope this gives you an idea on how to do something similar your self, I also watched a youtube video on how to make a washout booth which attached to a drainage system which looked much better than my makeshift one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.