T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Re: problems with epson 1100 mod
[/SIZE]Originally Posted by tieutusamac
Mr. German13,

I had that problems same as yours now, I'd appreciate if you have solved it. Please let me know how? then I can make mine.

Thousand thanks
Khiden
yes...

I solved it heres how... buy a 1400,1900 or above epson printer with roll mode or manual roll mode capability..

I worked with the WORKFORCE 1100 for 6months.. YOU WILL NEVER GET THIS MODERN STYLE PRINTER WITH ITS SENSORS TO WORK PROPERLY WITHOUT ERROR -WITHOUT ADDED FIRMWARE...;) you can Read the trials of this in the micro controller thread that was started early 2010..color finger was working on the workforce aswell.. im not quite sure if there is an older version of the 1100 without the sensor configuration of the current version..that may be different..you can manually trip the WORKFORCE 1100 by hand and get it to print 1 out eight times, so if you see a vid of one of these working thats how they did it unless it has a micro controller or plc but it will most certainly have programming issues and will need a separate power source isolaters extra sensors etc..alot of money for a cheap cmyk printer...it only has sheet mode capability so it requires an added controller of some sort to dictate the sheet feed timing in coespondence with the pe.. you can do it with a micro but is not reliable.. its cheaper to upgrade in printer for an easier fix.. upgrading has other benefits aswell.. rip support, added channels for white ink, perfect multiple pass registration etc etc.. bestway to debunk claims of one of these working without extra firmware is request an in person viewing of it operating starting with powering the printer on thru printing..this will give you the truth;) or a vid showing same.. if theres extra firmware you should see this in the wiring mods its easy to see from the board out.., if you have a vid of this nature send it to me and ill check it out for you.. how the extra firmware works in most cases is it reads the pulses from the asf then emulates this timing thru the micro to start print..however it does not end the print this would have to be done by adding sensors in place of the pe... the big problem with this printer is the paper feed motor (the one on the paper feed tray itself ..stepper motor...starts the process it moves paper into position then when it hits the pe the pf (the one with encoder disc attached) takes over the process ..so this timing has to be matched perfect or you will get fatal errors or paper jam etc... i suppose the programming in the driver could be altered..we were not successful at doing this either.. it would take some one familiar with the printers language.. you can however pull it out and read it with certain hex editors..;)

anyone who tells you any different is feeding you a line of B.S;) this is the printer i started with.. save yourself some time and money and move forward;)
Last edited by german13; 1 Day Ago at 10:35 PM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mr. German13,
At first, thank you again for your advice.
I’ m going to buy an Epson 1400 printer as your suggestion to move on for my DTG printer project. But my financial so limited. So now, I can only afford the Epson 1400 printer. I‘d appreciate if you could spare me a plan for the Epson 1400 printer.
Thanks German13,
Tieutusamac

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the project. I can not publish photos of the position of the sensors but they are and make sure the printer is epson b1100sin no additional electronics. I can only print with gimp and guntenprint and then turn the printer on the first impression never goes out. I have many problems with the color and that seems gutenprint drivers are not good because I get the impression not as in your computer. I printed over 100 times without getting the right result, I have tried in w7, linux and mac and all I have the same problem.
I put a video as the sequence of the burden of paper and then you know that the sensor has to turn pf the same speed as the paper.
Greetings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ2XAXx7mKs

the Imaje that is in the middle is printed on laser printer with the same file as the other

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
hola, he estado muy liado y no he podido entrar en el foro, voy a publicar las fotos del sensor del papel, que esta puesto en la barra central de la cinta transportadora (que solo se mueve cuando la base de la camiseta llega hasta el centro), tambien pongo las fotos de la placa para que veais que no tengo puesto ningun sensor externo para que funcione, mañana pondre un video completo de la epson b1100 funcionando.
Lo que no he podido solucionar es el problema que tengo con los colores y tambien me alarga la imagen 1,5 centimetros en a3 que supongo que es por la cinta transportadora.
Espero poder ayudaros a montar la vuestra y tambien pido disculpas por escribir en español
Saludos

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Thats why god invented translator programs no ?
Ah the pf sensor location thank you
Are you running gimp on pc or mac ?

Cool stuff,
keep it up

·
Registered
13 Posts
hola, yo empleo pc con windows 7 pero lo he probado con mac y linux y tambien funciona,
pongo un video grabado a 720 DPI High Quality

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPcUG0CLpZY[/media]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks
Im still on XP. But I did get both Gimp and Guttenprint loaded
Was wondering at first because the majority of the Gimp documentation seems aimed at mac or linux.
The PF sensor looks the same as on the WF30
Cool looks like its frankenstein time for the WF30 :D

The translotor link did this :D(¿Sí, bueno o ningún bueno?)
Alambique
de las gracias Im en XP. Pero conseguí el Gimp y Guttenprint cargado
se preguntaba al principio porque la mayoría de la documentación del Gimp se parece mac o linux dirigido.
El sensor del PF mira igual que en los parecer
frescos WF30 su tiempo del frankenstein para el WF30: D

Thank you for providing ideas on the workforce series

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a Epson 1400 Printer had converted to DTG By me. Please check it out and tell me what do you think about it? Here is a link: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0DvXhpHU4Y[/media]

Thank you for looking,
Tieutusamac

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
This is a Epson 1400 Printer had converted to DTG By me. Please check it out and tell me what do you think about it? Here is a link: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0DvXhpHU4Y[/media]

Thank you for looking,
Tieutusamac
Very cool...

can you start the 1400 with no platen in place without error? can you print a second shirt in succession without powering off? we used to do as your video shows with the work force 1100 (start it with platen in place) what the 1100 did was pull the platen in when it runs its start up sequence "trip the pe" then you could print... but without the platen in place it would error... and when we tried printing in succession the timing was off!! we could get it to work maybe one out of eight times..

are you having better luck with the 1400 in that respect?

also do use white ink in it yet? im interested if it will lay down enough with the two channels!

·
Registered
8 Posts
For Mr. German13

At first, No, this printer cannot start without platen on it. However, it can print a second shirt or more without power off, just pull the platen back enough to pass the paper sensor and it ready to print the next one.

No, I have not used the white ink yet!

Thanks
Tieutusamac

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, I have a serious problem with ink or drying after washed first clears 50% from what I can not selling this product
I am using ink dtgink and while employment is 170 ° (350) for 60 seconds
I understand that any locking is needed for white t-shirts
Thank you

·
Registered
232 Posts
At first, is the shirt 100% cotton?
You must hover the heatpress above the shirt for 10 seconds, then lay a sheet of parchment paper above the shirt and then you need to press for 2 minutes with light pressure
Try also to lift the press at the 1st minute for 10 sec and the press for another minute

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for answer, I imagine that the other wonders, proves with 170 ° (350) for 120 seconds to see if not cleared
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks a lot German 13...i'm trying to find the service manual for 1100 or 1900...any idea?

·
Registered
8 Posts
print on Ceramic tile

Here is my printer can print on the Ceramic tile.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEMmc9rCDfs[/media]

Thank 4 watched
TTSM

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
What ink are u using for tile. Using a non textile pretreat??

21 - 40 of 47 Posts