T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello room,
I'm thinking to buy a Epson Workforce 1100 wide-format-printer for my homemade DTG. Could it be similar like building a C88? Never made one, I'm gonna follow those videos posted in here & youtube.com

·
Registered
840 Posts
the 1100 is a excellent candidate for a cmyk diy dtg, im haveing a go at one soon as i cant seem to get anymore 1160's, the main difference in setting it up is the sensor on the main drive wheel, i have the service manual for it and it seems identical to the R1800 on that part, piccy attached. only other problem i forsee is will it trip the paper sensor ok ? you wont know until you strip it down and try, but then they are fairly cheap, definately worth a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the paper sensor looks like? I'm setting up my first homemade Epson C88, if it works, I'll try with the Epson 1100.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
the 1100 is a excellent candidate for a cmyk diy dtg, im haveing a go at one soon as i cant seem to get anymore 1160's, the main difference in setting it up is the sensor on the main drive wheel, i have the service manual for it and it seems identical to the R1800 on that part, piccy attached. only other problem i forsee is will it trip the paper sensor ok ? you wont know until you strip it down and try, but then they are fairly cheap, definately worth a try.
After all is said and done, mine is having a problem tripping. I believe the problem is the PW sensor...

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Halo Adrian, what sensor that is exactly the same ?
The PE sensor or paper sensor. It is a trigger type sensor that is tripped when paper pushes it.

I have concluded that the problem is with the timing of this sensor. It is tripped twice... Once to verify paper and secondly when printing commences. If the timing is off you will get a paper feed error.

You can remedy paper feed errors created by the PW sensor by turning edge to edge printing off...

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just reading your postand I was just wondering do you think the Epson 1280 would work his way up I currently have one sitting in my living room and have been thinking of experimenting with it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I was just reading your postand I was just wondering do you think the Epson 1280 would work his way up I currently have one sitting in my living room and have been thinking of experimenting with it.
The 1280 is the predicessor to the 1400. It is an earlier model and might just work. The only problem with older models is that their availability is drying up. Since we are pushing the motors harder they will burn up. Yes, you can get your money out of them but replacement parts would be scarce.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
From my experience when you first try to print you will likely get the (two light) general error. If you don't you might find it pushing your platen through without printing. I found that I can not print using the standard Epson driver. You can print using GIMP with Gutenprint for Windows (actually a GIMP plugin). When you power the printer you need to listen to for the paper feed to turn. When it does you need to manually trip the PE sensor to prevent it from getting the general error. You are then ready to print using Gimp and Gutenprint.

If you forget to put the platen in and it believes it is out of paper, the fist time you try to print it will push the platen though. You will have to repeat the above procedure...

German, is working on a mod to the controller that would forgo all this. It is however a more costly avenue. I believe this cost is worth while to me because it will save me time in my production cycle.

That's things as I know it...

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to print with the epson b1100 but I have problems:
first turn on the printer with no errors
then open gimp and image charge
gutenprint print to borderless A3
sends the file to the printer
it manually it starts to print but the 2-line stops and gives me errror general
sensor that is failing?
that the wheel sensor load paper once you no longer have to move it?

I hope you help me
Greetings

·
Registered
35 Posts
sonoduce,
Very cool
What are the sensor issues ?
I have a WF30 that I want to start with first ,everything other than size should be the same

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dear sonoduce

I have problem with the sensor and the 2 yellow lights on. Please show me how to fix it. I also waiting for Debogus show how to mount the sensor and I hopping that not take long to see it.

Thanks for all friends
tieutusamac

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, Sonoduce
can you please post the pictures as to where you posiioned the sensor, i get mine 1100 to power up without any errors but when I send a file to be printed I get a paper error, the printer pulls the paper in 1/4" then shows me a paper error

1 - 20 of 47 Posts