T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know who makes a thermal long sleeve girly t-shirt, this type of fabric but without the buttons ?
http://store.americanapparel.net/t457w.html

it's for printing a flock decals.
a supplier in Calif would be best, would need about 100 pc. to start, maybe more later so it cant be a close out type deal.

::::::URGENT::::::

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If you PM me your email address, I can send you some info. You'll have to register an account with them, which can be quickly done on-line, all very simple.

They suppy direct, but there may be a re-seller in CA or Toronto if you need them today. Not sure....someone here will though.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Just seen they have a showroom in Venice Beach, CA.

Alternative Apparel West Coast Office
1501 Main Street
Suite 206
Venice, CA 90291
Phone: 310.392.2261
Fax: 310.392.2276

Alternative Apparel Showroom
LA Apparel Mart
112 West 9th Street
Suite 1221
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Phone: 213.623.1282
Fax: 213.623.1392

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM will do now,

Nick, had a look at it again but i cant see the knit in detail, Thermal i mean like what we call here "WAffle Knit", sort like PJ material/knit. Do you know if this top is like that ?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hmmm, it's rib-knit I think, but never used it myself
EDIT: Actually, it looks waffle too:

the AA waffle:

I'll hunt.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep, the above image is the Thermal "waffle knit" i need, but in a crew neck long sleeve girly tee.

Just not sure if the Alternative style is that type knit. Cant tell from the photo.

Will phone them up in LA this morning if need be. Its 5:22 am Toronto time. This gives us an extra 3 hrs or so.

thanks again nick, i hope that it is a waffle knit, that would save me time looking further etc....

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Rodney said:
Try contacting Jez from alternativeapparel, she should be able to hook you up:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667&highlight=alternativeapparel
thanks for the contact Rodney. :)

Alternative Apparel does not have a warehouse in Toronto or Montreal, Canada. Bummer!

This makes it complicated for us since the customer is in LA.
We did the first sample for the job as requested by the customer on a "aa" Girly Jersey knit Tee, they had a look at it loved the flock print but changed their mind on the shirt. They now want a Waffle rib knit LS.

Some board members recommended the Alternative style so email the client a photo, along with the "aa" waffle tee. The client is leaning towards Alternative.

It's really easy for us to get "aa" here but Alternative it's not.

I will follow up, but the though of importing a case (initial job order about 100qty), printing them and shipping the printed shirts back to LA does not make sense.

Anyways, the client is aware of this and it's ok with them ( i guess its my sales charm that won them over :) ).

So, I'm still not sure how I'm going to get this job done.

We are in the pre-production stage, most of the time when dealing with nice companies the job will get approved for production and done. The odd time it does fall thru. Usually do to last minute concept changes.

I will keep you guys informed, if anything it's a good example of doing jobs across the continent.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update.

Ok, Alternative Apparel account is set up, sent JEZ an email to deliver the shirt samples directly to the LA client. Not able to use the online cart because this is a special order for same day delivery. So i used paypal for quick payment. :D

Everything is working out like clockwork.

...off to the factory to meet with the boss, back in a few hrs.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

received "American Apparel" Samples today for the Waffle Knit LS tees.
1 of everycolor in 2 sizes.

Client requested a small change to the artwork, we did it here.
Will print samples and ship out overnight to LA. (on the clients Fedex Acc., Bonus :)) Tomorrow.

Alternative Apparel does not take Paypal or International Certified Money Orders, Bummer, our company Accounts Payable dep. does not use Credit Cards. :(
Will' see what happens. Nice People though. :D

The job has been confirmed. Deposit received paid via Credit Card Paypal by the client. (they even set up a Paypal account, first time) ...nice client let me tell you.

It looks like the job is a go ( 75% ).

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
finally!!!!!

after a lot of executive decisions on the finished samples, the job will go into production this wed. Will be using the "aa" waffle thermal knit tops. Thats what the client chose.

Thanks everyone for all your help. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts