T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than 2 years of not printing - finaly we repared our hm1. We changed everything - tubes, printhead, dumpers, pads - basicly, we have new machine in old container. We did not change motherboard or any electronics (EXPT printhead) however.

So, it printed ok, for 2 weeks now. Few problems though:

1. Today we had first bigger problem with our machine: it printed 4-5 shirts ok, then we send another one to print, the head started moving but it stoped and freeze. Nothing happened, "ready" light is blinking like machine is busy, but it do not print. Also, the job was stil sending from Rip pro (it also froze - the job sending, not the Rip Pro).
We canceled the job, machine was still blinking like it is busy, so we turned it off, turned it on again, printed the shirt - all is ok. When we send another shirt, it froze again.
Than we tried - everything. Since it looks like comunication problem, we changed USB cord, change USB slot in PC, restarted the PC several times ... No help. Turning machine off then on - helps printing ONE shirt, but sometimes it freezes even after turnoff.
One time, the machine paused itself WITHOUT job sent - just after LOAD function, so at this point my problem looks similar as the one in this thread: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t189027.html
But, I do manage to push the print through sometimes so ...
Please help! Any ideas are welcome. I even thought of it being problem with CHIPS. How do expired chip manifest to workflow? Does it just stop printing expired color, or it can do these pauses?

2. The problem above made me look into RIP software and possibility to update. I have DTG Rip PRo v 1.0.0.10, build 1010. DTG website offers v03 download, but I am not sure how far I can update my HM1. Any thoughts on that? Any experiences?

3. Occasionally, my HM1 makes a 1mm misprint, like it starts printing first layer, it moves 1 mm and then prints normally - layer over layer. So I get ok print, with 1 mm of graphic printed lighter on the top. It does not always do that, but often enough to be a problem.

So, please, if anyone have any oppinion to share - I welcome it and will be gratefull for it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! All moving parts too.

One thing, though: I tried yesterday again to print, it does same thing, and the problem do not start when I send file to print, but when last print is finished, as if it do not finish whole process after actual print.
I also noticed while it does pause, the head is not over the capping station, as if it is about to start to print.
If I press INK button shortly once, the head moves slowly over the capping station, then goes twice to the container and back to the capping station - and then !!! it is ready for the next print !!!. So, this actually is workaround the problem, but still I would like to know what is causing it.
The problem occurs every 4-5 prints.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyway, today - no problems with my HM1. Could be that problem was power influenced (we had some maintenance of power supplier in our area)?

So, any thoughts on how far can I update my DTG RIP PRO from v1? Can I go to v3??

·
Registered
481 Posts
Anyway, today - no problems with my HM1. Could be that problem was power influenced (we had some maintenance of power supplier in our area)?

So, any thoughts on how far can I update my DTG RIP PRO from v1? Can I go to v3??
I have v.03 on my hm-1, use it every day. Not sure if they are still selling it however. Give them a call and find out!

-dANNY8bALL
www.SanJoseScreenPrinting.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a hm1 and sometimes when it decides not to print at all or only print a partial design i take the cover off and clean the encoding wheel. Not sure if that is the proper name for it, and it is a chore to get to but it works. It has saved me many scrap t-shirts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wheel on my machine was cleaned by tech people less than 2 weeks ago, and I did not print as much in those 2 weeks. Though, that guy did say - if I have any isues with the prints (missaligned etc) - usually it is that wheel.

@ mmoguls: As for RIP PRO - I must buy it again - can not upgrade from v01 to v03?? And, does v03 have that ink use estimation for hm1?

P.S. Thanx guys for Your interest and answers on this thread

·
Registered
481 Posts
@ mmoguls: As for RIP PRO - I must buy it again - can not upgrade from v01 to v03?? And, does v03 have that ink use estimation for hm1?

They charge for upgrades. I just rec'd an offer from them this morning, to upgrade to version 5 for 299.

Here is the link to order or download the demo:

https://www.iproofsystems.com/DTG_order.htm

They are claiming a significant ink savings with this version.

Version 3 does estimate ink cost.

When my HM-1 became erratic similar to yours, it finally failed completely and the carriage would not move forward-it was the stepper motor related to the encoder wheel you are speaking of. It's a simple swap once you buy an old epson 2400 for parts stripping.

Hope this helps you!

-dANNY8bALL
www.sanjosescreenprinting.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts