T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi everybody,

Banding on magenta is not sorted 100%, the C, Y, K colours seems fine, but all colours such as red, orange etc that has magenta in shows banding. I've replaced all the CMYK dampers, and really our machine, whiper, capping station, print head is 100% clean. I am now printing everything at 1440x1440 as zhenjie suggested, but the magenta just would not come right. Still need to download and try Rip Pro. Any other thoughts on the magenta channel are most welcome.

Thanks,
Riaan

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think the fact that you had temporary success rules out the RIP as being the most prominent problem ( though the RIP change might still be helpful)

I would be looking at the ink feed system for a poor connection somewhere along the lines or at the damper or print head, small crack in the line , vacuum building up due to something like a clogged air vent, ink buildup inside the line or connections, anything physical that would impede the ink flow from bottle to print head. .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi all,

Thanks again for the suggestions to date.

I replaced the print head, flushed the magenta line and replaced the magenta with black in. The banding is still there and all colours that use magenta in the mix shows banding. I know now it is not a bad batch of magenta ink, the dampers and print head is replaced, I do not see any cracks, holes or kinks in the tubes, the air vent in the bottle is open. The banding in the magenta line is still there. :confused: What else can I try please?

Enjoy your day/evening and happy printing :)
Riaan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Print head alignment is fine as far as I can tell. Should the print head allignment printout have thin lines through the printout almost like banding? The alignment loooks right though, except for very thin lines through the little boxes it prints. Nozzle checks 100%. Will ask tech support about your suggestion.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Try doing a good cleaning of the bottom of your print head with Isopropyl alcohol mixed with cleaning solution. Also, banding on the HM-1 in the color layer can occur if you are printing at 720 x 720 or lower resolution. Try 1440 x 720 to see if it cures the issues. Lastly, as someone said earlier, make sure that you are not too far away from the head when printing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have you checked to see if there is air trapped in the cartridge? Might check them to see and suck some ink thru with a syringe. Sometimes you think you have covered all your bases and it will ultimately be a part that is bad. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this sounds crazy, but I've had the same problems for about a year...only on some colors....it is only with certain cymk mixtures. I have two machines and it will do it on both machines so I've ruled out printheads, rip programs, etc. I think that the 2400 just can't handle some colors well. I have found that the suggestion earlier of lowering the platen is the best suggestion.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts