T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm wanting your advice on approx how much ink to have on hand for an event in which I am printing tees.

The Company we are working for is expecting us to push out 700 tees over the course of 4 days at a local event. They are providing imagery at 775x775 and 27cm x 27 cm. The prints will all be on white tees with no pre treatment and the imagery is mostly dark and sepia tones. There is also roughly 80-90% coverage on each print and I'm wanting to make sure I have plenty of ink on hand to service the event, I would hate to get halfway through day 2 and have to run around trying to find ink locally over the weekend.

I have seen a lot of costing estimations, placing CMYK at 25-40c however I am not sure what ink price/coverage/pixels that is calculated off. Here in Australia we are paying $400 for a 1 litre bottle of CMYK.

If there is anybody experienced enough to say fill your ink bottles and have a 200ml on hand or 500ml on hand for the event that would be a great help!

The printer I am using for the event is the HM1.

Thanks.,
Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boguslaw,

That is exactly what I was hoping to find out. What % coverage were your prints and did you also use any colour boost? I'll be printing at 50-100% Colour boost in print pro.

The bottles on my printer are 3/4 full and I have just ordered 200ml in each colour which by the sound of it will cover my needs. I thought the litre bottles would be a little excessive for the event.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Well I don't use color boost because I don't see a big difference in color quality. Instead I always print double pass. Those 400 prints were for 200 shirts:)

The print size was about 25 x 30 cm about 70-80% coverage.

Also I've noticed that black and magenta runs out faster than other inks.

Is you printer dobule cmyk? Because if it has white then even that you are printing on white shirts some white will be fired on the side containers. Once I've printed about 1200 shoping bags and after the run I've noticed that my white ink bottle is half empty:/ But I have Kiosk 3 and it's based on the 1900 engine that is famous for inks wasting...

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
You said you are going to be white tees only. But for future ref you will use 6-8 times more white than cmyk on darks. I suggest that you stock equal amounts of all inks, you can always use the other left over later, but if you really want to see the possible usage, check your art work in Corel or PS using the eye dropper to identify the actual color mix in cmyk, then see if it uses a lot of black etc. A little time consuming but can help give you a better WAG. It all depends........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts