T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When doing nozzle checks this morning, I had one of the four white sections perfect, but the others were only 10-50% complete. I've got the print heads soaking on the capping station in some cleaning solution, but I was checking to see if anyone had any other advice.

Pretty sure the issue was caused by my delightful employee "rushing out of here" yesterday and not cleaning the capping station, which looked liked it not been properly cleaned all week.

Him aside, any suggestions on the next step if this doesn't work (capping station is fine, now that i've got it cleaned up).

My next steps I'm thinking (in order of assumed failure) are:
1. Flush lines to see if i can get cleaning solution through them
2. Check dampers
3. Purchase new head

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Does the WIMS system come on your HM1?

Most likely the clog is inside the print head and not the lines. No need to flush all the lines out.

If you have an adapter, connect it to your white dampers and pull cleaning solutions through it.

I don't know what this stuff is, but it works wonders for clearing lines and print head clogs. It's called "HMS" Head Maintenance Solution from Belquette, it comes in a little red bottle. If you run that stuff through your dampers for a few seconds, then let sit for an hour or 2, then you can switch over to the Dupont Cleaning Solutions which will flush out the HMS and pigments that should be unclogged.

Connect back up your white lines, re-prime and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I went ahead and put a new print head in (we got a LOT of life out of this one), and now i'm hitting great on 3 of the 4 nozzles. Waiting on a replacement damper to get in, and thinking that's the issue with this one nozzle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts