T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to move away from direct screen printing to heat transfers after 12 yrs of printing. I just bought the HIX 600D and the upper platen does not lock down in any fashion. I can pull a dollar or a full sheet of tranfer paper out from under that platen no matter what tension I have dialed in. I can lift the platen up with one finger and I believe I have a good amount of pressure set on the machine, but on the other hand, I really have no way of knowing. It's starting to get difficult for me to turn the pressure knob in the "more" direction, so I believe I'm pushing maximum pressure. I have to hold my hand on the handle and apply extra pressure to make my transfers hold. Questions: I know they've been asked before. Should I be able to "lock" down the handle on this model machine? Is there a point that someone can tell me is when I'm going to damage the machine if I continue to add pressure? Is anyone else having this problem with the HIX 600D and if so, have you been able to work through it?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I looked at your press, the pressure knob is on the back a part of the main mechanical "box" so to speak. I am not sure if you can see how it attaches by opening the back or not. I wonder if in playing with the knob you have inadvertently unscrewed it all the way and need to re-attach it?

My pressure knob is on the platen and I can unscrew it all the way, dropping the platen off of the press itself.

It sounds like an easy fix, perhaps if you call Hix they can help you troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The further you turn the pressur knob to the right the tighter it shoud get. I think you may have a faulty press and should contact your press sales person or the service det. for a remedy to this issue. ... JB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts