T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 156 screen, I still ue two coats of emulsion.
For a 230 Do you use One?
If there was one, you could expose for less time, getting more detail, with the higher mesh, you can store more detail.
Any guidelines?

Merci Beer cup!

·
Registered
227 Posts
ffokazak said:
For a 156 screen, I still ue two coats of emulsion.
For a 230 Do you use One?
If there was one, you could expose for less time, getting more detail, with the higher mesh, you can store more detail.
Any guidelines?

Merci Beer cup!
Screen makers have different techniques... Guess its what makes them different.... Example I use photopolymer instead of diazo.. and use a very thin coat regardless of the mesh count... I coat then tilt the scoop coater back and scrape off with next stroke... then repeat on other side.. it gives me a thin, extremely durable film coating, with a well defined gasket, that allows me to literaly print as small as the type your reading on mesh counts as low as 110... One of the printers i do contract printing for couldn't believe the detail on a 110 mesh untill he came here and read the mesh count on the screen for himself.... Different Screen makers each have their own techniques... play with yours and you will soon find the limits for the mesh and emulsion combinations you use... maybe even develop your own technique..... Good Luck ..Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts