T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Welcome to the forums Erik.

I know gold seal specialty papers well...The guy who owns that company is shady as hell (he works out of his van). I used to buy jetwear green line paer from him for .38 a sheet...an incredible price! He raised his prices though now, so I swithced to transjet paper and buy from a different company now. Transjet paper is a bit better than jetwear. You will find, that the ink absorbs into the paper better, so it produces cleaner lines on the end product. It also peels off alot easier and cleaner than jetwear does...no sticking whatsoever.

TLM supply house is the cheapest for the paper. Prices range depending on how much you buy. Their website is: http://www.personalizedsupplies.com .

I don't think transjet paper comes in opaque. I have never used opaque transfer paper, so I cant help you there with any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
opaque paper is the white paper for dark fabrics. Transjet paper is only for light fabrics.

The ones I got from the guy at Ebay before were transparent. You could both hotpeel and coldpeel. I prefered to peel them cold as it left a nice glossy finish to the print.
That sounds like real junk. You should only use hot peel paper for the best results. You must have been using an inferior quality paper. You should always make sure you know what brand paper you are buying.

As I said, I don't use dark fabric heat transfers, so I wont be able to make any suggestions for that. Im sure some one else here can give you suggestions on a dark heat transfer that is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.