T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
TLM Supply House and Thier Majic Jet (aka Transjet II) paper is the way to go if possible -- only problem being, I'm not sure if she can ship out to Sweden, at least not without charging more for shipping. Ask her, at any rate, to find out.

I would not suggest using opaque paper at all. Even the best opaque paper is low quality and a pain to deal with; try working with flock or plastisol instead for your dark shirts. If you really insist on using opaque transfers, the one I've seen most recommended is the single-step opaque paper from Transfer Technologies.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Transfer Technologies DOES have a website, but I wasn't able to find it last night when I was looking. You could throw up a question over at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Heat_Transfers_For_Desktop_Printers/ asking where their website is located.

Plastisol would require someone, be it you or an outside printer, to screen print on to a carrier sheet. Your colors would be limited in the same way they are with normal screen printing. The quality would also be comprable to a normal screen print, however.

Flock, if you want to do it yourself, will require the purchase a vinyl cutter to cut out sheets of vinyl into the shape you need it (software handles the transition, like a normal printer). You are also going to be limited on number of colors here, and there is an increase in labor involved to weed out the excess vinyl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.