T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Probably you would have seen this site skinit.com which allows you to customise laptops etc..

I understand we need to use High grade vinyl papers. But how to print on them, what kind of printer should I be using (solvent etc)? and how do cut it in different shapes (cutter)?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You're on the right track and pretty much have the answers.

I print my decals with a Roland SP300. I've stuck stickers on my cases, laptops, and my Xbox. Haven't used it to wrap too much though. The Roland SP300 is an Eco-Solvent printer in addition to a vinyl cutter.

The media I use is Oracal 3164, although you may wish to try the 3165. The difference being the adhesive that's used and the backing color of the vinyl.

If you want to get really spendy, then try a vehicle Wrap vinyl (Oracal 3551 or 3951), which is easier to manipulate around curves.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're on the right track and pretty much have the answers.

I print my decals with a Roland SP300. I've stuck stickers on my cases, laptops, and my Xbox. Haven't used it to wrap too much though. The Roland SP300 is an Eco-Solvent printer in addition to a vinyl cutter.

The media I use is Oracal 3164, although you may wish to try the 3165. The difference being the adhesive that's used and the backing color of the vinyl.

If you want to get really spendy, then try a vehicle Wrap vinyl (Oracal 3551 or 3951), which is easier to manipulate around curves.

Super!! You clarified my queries. Appreicate it very much..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts