T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls,

I thought it was time to introduce myself, as I've been hanging around in the shadows for a little, learning all I could from your good selves.

My name is Dan and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

I'm a 27-year old Project Manager (Construction) by trade, but I've been looking for a new hobby for a while.

I've always had an interest in t-shirts (they're not just for keeping your nipples warm!) and t-shirt designs. Hopefully one day I can assemble enough equipment to produce my own custom-made t-shirts!

I hope to get to know you all better over the coming months/years.

Dan.

P.S. Are there any other Aussies on here?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Welcome!

We are slowly doing our best to colonise the forums. There are many of us here, and generally from Melbourne.

The best advice is to spend a couple of days reading everything you can here, and also not to be upset when Solmu slaps you down for saying something stupid. He's an angry man.

·
Registered
255 Posts
RODNEY!
They keep slipping in whilst we sleep! You may have to put up a fence!

Just teasing, Warm Welcome, OrangeGoblin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone!

monkeylantern- I may be a first-time poster, but I'm a long-time reader so you may be a little surprised at the breadth of my knowledge!

Thanks again for your warm welcomes!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I look forward to nothing more than you exposing your breadth of knowledge.

We are a gang of mutual knowledge flashers.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Spellcheck images? Now you're just trying to confuse me. It's easily done.

But if you mean spellcheck your post, not that I know of (as you can probably tell from my spelling). Although Rodney's forum setup is one of my favorite online, I don't think it yet has that function.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I meant. I'm at work at the moment, so I'm trying to do 4 things at once. Thanks Monkeylantern!

Oh yeah, while I'm here (and excuse the impertinence, I know I haven't been around here for long and you are a T-shirt Lover and Wizard) you may want to change your name or your avatar, monkeylantern.

I believe that most monkeys have a tail, which your avatar doesn't. I think the name "Gibbonlantern" rolls off the tongue, don't you? :)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
orangegoblin said:
I believe that most monkeys have a tail, which your avatar doesn't. I think the name "Gibbonlantern" rolls off the tongue, don't you? :)
That's because, if you look closely, my monkey is wearing a bellboy outfit. And those have to conceal tails, so that they don't get caught in elevator doors.

And I'd rather be a gibbon than a goblin.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
The best advice is to spend a couple of days reading everything you can here, and also not to be upset when Solmu slaps you down for saying something stupid. He's an angry man.
*slap!*

Okay, maybe there's some truth to that.

Welcome aboard Dan - it definitely seems like Melbourne has taken the lead for most-members-in-one-place (and if not, it's high on the list). I wonder why that is?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts