T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. I just got my first heat press today from ebay. Used of course, and no instruction manual. Finally figured out the timer and how to set the temp, but my transfers are not peeling off easily. I got several transfers from ProWorld and a half dozen blank tshirts.
But, not all are peeling off correctly. I've adjusted the temperature to a higher setting, but not sure how to tell a hot peel from a cold peel? Is this the problem? I love birds, and the transfers cut off the birds faces (not pretty) and sure would like to stop wasting them.
Any newbie advice would sure be appreciated!:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi Gail and :welcome:

There are many different "types'' of transfers. Proworld has a great site, and products as well.

Read the instructions carefully and follow them. If a transfer is a hot peel, you must peel it immediately, while it is still hot. If the transfer is a cold peel, you must let the transfer cool before peeling.

Proworld is a sponsor here and has a special help forum on here to handle customer inquiries. Here is a link to that section:

Pro World Help Forums - T-Shirt Forums

As long as your heat press is operating properly (make sure you know if it is running on celcius vs fahrenheit) then Proworlded will be able to help you with the transfers they specifically sell...

I hope I was able to help clear up the hot peel vs cold peel for you. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I am not sure what the problem is. Without a manual, just wondering, maybe I need to preheat longer? What prep steps may be missing like youtube suggestions to pre press fabric and remove lint?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts