T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Robert,
I can't offer much advice on mug printing, but there are plenty other who can on this forum. So for my part all I can say is welcome aboard and hope you find what you're looking for. btw, before asking a question - you should do a search of the forum first - there's a good chance someone has already asked that question and just as good a chance that some others have answered it.
Have fun!
Mendel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Robert
I will give you a quick rundown on printing mugs. You need:
software to design the prints - I use Photoshop but you can use a number of different ones. I have even seen it done with Powerpoint. Your images need to be at 300pixels per inch. You also need a printer set up with sublimation inks ( I use an Epson C110 with CISS). You also need sublimation transfer paper. After printing (mirror image) on to the paper you need to tape the cut paper to the mug using heatproof tape then heat wrapped mug in a mug heat press. If you need any more information just pm me and I will tell all I know.

Peter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Pete, thanks for that,im unsure at this time which printer to buy now,i when out and bought a S21 but im sure i can take it back i will take a look at the C110 you have, i think i will be using photo shop along with corel X3,but whats the best way to get my head round colour management i want good results without the headaches,whats the best way to get my head round colour and getting it right,ie what do i need to do what needs to be turn on/off in the programs how easy is it.
Robert

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Robert
I don't know for sure whether the C110 is still available but the T110 is around now and a CISS (continuous ink supply system) is available as well to fill with sublimation ink. I actually bought a package from Picture Perfect Products (in Australia) that included a 5 in 1 heat press, printer with CISS, software including ICC settings and a range of blanks including mugs, tee shirts, mouse pads etc. Have a look around on the web where you are, there may be packages offered to suit you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.