Did you degrease and/or dehaze the screen first?
Sounds like an unusual occurance for emulsion to "blow a bubble".
If it's emulsion, then to have some left to blow a bubble sort of sounds like exposure issues.
We had a gallon get exposed inadvertantly to HID lights and it did all kinds of weird things till we figured out it had been left out. It was qtx.
I'd clean the screens, dehaze/degrease and try a different container of emulsion to see if it's the emulsion. I would also expose the devil out of it to make sure it was definately not underexposed.