T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name's andrew.
I was given this site's URL by a friend that recently registered (thanks, shaun).
I'm a designer, and for the past couple of years I've been developing a t-shirt brand called 'mourningstar athletic division'
http://www.mourningstars.com

everything (a lot) in sports marketing is geared towards hip hop, and I'm not that into that, so I'm trying to take it a different direction - combining the metal/hardcore mentality with sports, I think it goes well... struggle, competition, etc.
anyways, that's my little summary about *what* I do.

As far as the t-shirt end, I'm sort of the opposite of shaun. (for those who may have just read some of his posts about productions of shirts)
I have very little money to be able to commit to my brand, but I what I do focus on more is the design and concepts.
I sort of feel like if my company starts taking off - that other stuff i.e. tags, shirts quality, etc. will fall in line.
I'm completely amazed by the amount of information that is here, though... very awesome... nice to be here.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Your best bet may be to get in touch with a local screen printer and work out a deal to print up some shirts for you. If you order the shirts wholesale yourself and supply them to the printer you may save more as well.

If you want to print them yourself, heat transfer is your only real option. You can look to buy a used heat press for $150-$500 or so; call up local printers and t-shirt companies and ask around to see if you can find any used presses folks would be interested in selling.

Oh btw, is your website supposed to, well, work? After I get to the 2nd page (another note, use less flash), and it gets pass the intro part none of the sports-related buttons seem to do anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks... I'm cool though with printing.
I don't do it myself.
I use various metal / hardcore / whatever labels that also print their own merch. I have about 10 / 11 designs printed, and I love that part.
The other - the marketing, hooking up with bands, links, etc. is the part that I'm failing at... but without much $ right now I'm doing the best I can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Twinge said:
Oh btw, is your website supposed to, well, work? After I get to the 2nd page (another note, use less flash), and it gets pass the intro part none of the sports-related buttons seem to do anything.
The shirts are in the Store location...when you first click on the link there are 3 options: Enter, Forums, and Store. You went to Enter...the shirts are in Store.

I love the designs! And the shirts are reasonibly priced too. I may buy a couple a few weeks down the line when I get some money.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Oh I see; the text is way too dark, usability and friendless is more important that atmosphere and look. Same with the text saying the 100% cotton, etc. - way too dark, almost unreadable. Also, shirt #2 is very difficult to actually select in your flash there, it keeps skipping between 1 and 3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, thanks for checking out the site.
I've been playing around with the store a little, so that will probably change.
I appreciate the sets of eyes and letting me know what's good/bad, etc. I'm not too big into doing websites - I can just manage.
I'll 'lighten' the site up a bit. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts