T-Shirt Forums banner

Hi, I need someone who does sublimation on fabric..

3550 Views 20 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  texasjack49
Hi,
Can anybody help me!! I need someone who does sublimation for fabric ASP!!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
I do sublimation on all kinds of things including fabric. What are you having problems with?
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. Well I am having a hard time finding someone who does sublimation for big pieces of fabric, and who does small amounts like 100 pieces per design. Also I need somebody who is close to my town. I am from LA CA.
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. Well I am having a hard time finding someone who does sublimation for big pieces of fabric, and who does small amounts like 100 pieces per design. Also I need somebody who is close to my town. I am from LA CA.
You need to define "big" as people have different capabilities depending on their printers and presses.
My largest press is a 15" x 15". I can't help you. Besides, I'm in Ohio.
Thanks but I need somebody close to my town.
My printer is 54" and my duul press is 40x64"

In st louis . UPS works can ship tomorrow.
SKDave is very reliable and has good prices too. You really should give him a try.
Reactions: 1
Nope, My client got tired of waiting, so I lost one very important account.:( I couldn't find someone in LA:(
I think that you should have given SK a chance. Now you lost a client possibly for good. There are some orders you wont always make money on, but its the sacrifice you make for the customer that will draw him back.
Oh.. Hi is not close to me town. I was hoping to find someone in LA
UPS....so you were looking for something convient not getting the job done.
Good luck to you Adriana. Hope you find someone on your block to play with. I get stuff from China in two days.
Adriana,

Take a look in the mirror. You lost this client because of your unwillingness to be flexible. You were offered viable solutions that would work with any REAL time frame, but you placed your own agenda over your client. Were they REALLY very important? It seems not.

I have an import business that is growing like wildfire currently. One of the biggest reasons is I ALWAYS place my customers needs over my own, even short term profits.

-James
While I do agree that the OP should have outsourced it out of town when it came down to outright losing the customer, I don't see any reason why it would be bad to want to keep it local. They had never seen any samples from any of the people posting. Not saying their work isn't quality, but if the customer is very very picky, then maybe the OP would want to go directly to the shop and get sample to show the customer before actually placing the order. I doubt they would have had time to order a sample, wait for it to be mailed, and then place the order, especially if the customer was unwilling to pay the overnight fees.

Some customers prefer a crappy job better than a good one because "it looks better to me". The OP would be sitting on a bunch of useless stock and lost the customer anyway if they didn't like it. A customer who bails just because you couldn't do one thing may not even be worth keeping. If I go to one store and they're out of something so I have to go to their competitor to get it, that doesn't mean I'm going to quit going there, unless they're constantly out of stock of what I need. We don't know anything about that part of the situation.
See less See more
While I do agree that the OP should have outsourced it out of town when it came down to outright losing the customer, I don't see any reason why it would be bad to want to keep it local. They had never seen any samples from any of the people posting. Not saying their work isn't quality, but if the customer is very very picky, then maybe the OP would want to go directly to the shop and get sample to show the customer before actually placing the order. I doubt they would have had time to order a sample, wait for it to be mailed, and then place the order, especially if the customer was unwilling to pay the overnight fees.

Some customers prefer a crappy job better than a good one because "it looks better to me". The OP would be sitting on a bunch of useless stock and lost the customer anyway if they didn't like it. A customer who bails just because you couldn't do one thing may not even be worth keeping. If I go to one store and they're out of something so I have to go to their competitor to get it, that doesn't mean I'm going to quit going there, unless they're constantly out of stock of what I need. We don't know anything about that part of the situation.
While I think you are trying to make a point here I think it is based on many assumptions. There was no request for quick turn around samples and nothing about a picky client or that it was bad to go local.
The original post stated "can anybody help" and this is an international forum so "anybody" means just that. One of the helpful members had to ask what the problem was since it wasn't posted. The answer was "big pieces" which is a technical term most of us are not familiar with and it was 100 per design but no mention if it was 2 designs or 200 designs and the requirement was "close" Close as in walking distance or within 3 hours driving distance?
So, did we go from international to anyone in a 5 mile radius?
Then SK offered "Big" on the same day and also received an endorsment.
Ever since the invention of the airplane and the telephone (not to mention the internet) "close" has a whole new meaning. So then no reply except that SK inquired if all went OK and the reply was that
"a very important account was lost".
If the OP lost the account in 6 days then they probably never had it, I suspect money never changed hands.
A few years ago we were approached by a lady(another company) who botched an order and asked us to print transfers and heat press some uniforms, We didn't want the quick turnaround job but she was in a bind so we took it. Half way thru our printer went down so we sent the file to SK and they worked closely with us and overnighted the transfers to us. At the end of the day we didn't make any money on the job but avoided a disaster for the other company. The whole process from first phone call to product delivery was 4 1/2 days.
Anyway, back to the OP. It started out in the wrong section, it should have been in "Referrals" not Dye Sub. The OP's communication was sub par but members tried to help so it is disappointing that in the end nothing was done.
See less See more
I was merely trying to offer various reasonable reasons the OP didn't go with someone else, since they're not being very clear in their posts. Another reason could be that the client demanded the job be kept local. We don't know, either way. Frankly, to me it feels like a lot of the replies are bordering on personal attacks. There's no reason to lash out at someone just because they didn't take your advice, I would think losing the job would be enough of a lesson without calling them out.
Hi,

I wasn't intending to attack anyone, but honestly is this person really in the business or is she just giving other vendors a bad name?

Taking an order THEN trying to find a vendor is always business suicide. We see this time and again and it is the reason for marginal profits in many industries. Newbies come into a niche, send out a bunch of quotes then go face down leaving the impression that the quotes they gave were legitimate.

This behavior has pretty much destroyed vinyl signage cut on a plotter as a profitable business. The relatively high dollar cost to enter large format sublimation SHOULD prevent this, BUT only if you have bothered to do some research BEFORE taking orders.

-James
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.