T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

My name is Mark and I live in the UK. I started a new Tee label, Frugal McDougal.co.uk last year and would love to hear your opinions on my designs. I have sold quite a few but am not sure what to do next. Does it pay to get them sellibng in shops - can you give me some advice. Anyhow take a look at the site, www.frugalmcdougal.co.uk and tell me what you think, honestly!!

Marky B

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hehe that never been surfing tee is quality, cool idea! I want one.

A few of the t-shirts need larger images as it's hard to make some out. I can't quite make out the modern life one.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Marky, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums. Thanks for registering!

Nice site, but I would get rid of the splash screen. It seems like an unnecessary extra click to get to the cool t-shirts. I agree with Adam that you could use some better closeups of the actual t-shirt designs, as some are hard to make out.

You might also want to use ALT tags on the images so when you hover your mouse over the t-shirt image, it will show what the t-shirt says or describe the t-shirt image (that would help while you're thinking of getting new product shots).

I think the Modern Life might be a really cool tee, but I'm not 100% on the t-shirt image. If it's what I think it is, I'll buy it :)

Now that you've made your first post, you should be able to upload a custom avatar to show up instead of the number on the t-shirt next to your posts (the system does a check every hour, so it may take a bit for the link to show up in your Control Panel).

You can also add your t-shirt designs (with links to buy) to the new T-Shirt Gallery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
thanks for the tips guys, some of the images are definately too small so will makle sure I post bigger images. If you guys, Adama and Rodney want to buy a tee, e-mail me and we can arrange something. My computer is very ill at the moment so my internet is only workinh intermittently, which is why I took so long to reply. Will be back in touch soon.

Marky B

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
*Shudder* Holy insane number of frames, Batman! Frames are bad enough to begin with, but you've got 10 seperate frames there! Oh the agony! Google search why frames suck and try using css, ssi, php, or something else. If you insist on using frames, at least do it more logicaly :)

As far as the shirts go, definately go larged as already suggested. go ahead and use the full 8.5x11 page (depending on your transfer method, of course)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's the worst kind of review :)

I tried to go to your site several times, and couldn't get past the "store loading" screen. I'm on a dial up connection which may have something to do with it, but the site should have been able to come in at some point.

I'm using Firefox 1.0 if that's any help to you.

John M

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr Telepathic Frog
apologies, not sure why that is occuring. persevere.

Marky B

·
Registered
402 Posts
Works fine in firefox 0.8.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adam,
cheers for the comments, positive feedback keeps me going in the dark moments if you know what I mean. The Never Been Surfing has been popular, obviously alot of people are sick of surf fashion. If you want a discount tee let me know, I presume you are in the states, I am in UK but could sort out postage and paymenty somehow. Do you have a site I could check out

Marky B

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adam
just checked out your site, do you do Murina AAA, they are the blanks I use at the mo!!

Marky B

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm in the UK Marky. I'll PM you about the other stuff.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Our comments aren't meant to bring you down -- they're constructive criticism. The shirts themselves look okay for the most part, except that some of the designs are too small.

I highly suggest you remove the opening splah page; there simply is not any reason for it to be there. The frames are really obviousy and messy to me since I force frames to be resizeable -- I attached how it looks in my set up, rather ugly stuff. Even for regular folk who don't see all the frames, they cause problems. People can't bookmark/send specific pages on your website, only the main page. Search engines won't index you as well (Google does not navigate frames!). There are other problems too, and better ways to do whatever it is that the frames are doing (I didn't look at it too throughly).

So yeah, not trying to just insult you or anyhting; we just think the site needs some work to be more friendly and useable.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts