T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I guess my story is pretty similar to many other guys here, I'm planning to set up my own business selling personalised T-shirts, baby-clothes, Baseball caps, Mousemats, Mugs etc, plus some stuff with my own designs on.

I don't have the capital to open a shop in town so I'll be selling via an online store plus craft fairs and markets and so on where I live. Maybe use Ebay too as a way to research what sells best, etc.

I've been just researching stuff for a few months and I'm hoping to buy a combo heat press in the next few weeks and then learn to use it!

I was thinking about this one:

UK Heat Transfer Press Suppliers – Buy Sublimation Printers Online – Buy Heat Press Machines UK - Sublimagic - 10 IN 1 ComboMagic

but I haven't decided yet. I've got so much to learn! The guy who sells these has agreed I can come and have a look at it and see it working and so on before I decide to buy it. They're out of stock at the moment anyway so it will be early September before I have to decide.

I don't have any real personal experience yet, but I am doing a LOT of research so I'll certainly pass on any useful info that I gather on my travels - as I gain experience though, I hope I'll have stuff to contribute in the future! :)

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The press you are looking at from sublimagic, only has an A5 sized platen, making it virtually useless for printing onto tees. It will also struggle with some of the larger mousemats. You ideally want to be looking for something with a 15"x15" platen.

The guy from Sublimagic seldom has anything in stock. Be wary.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dreamglass. Thanks for the advice. I was a bit unsure of the advert and was hoping someone would give me their opinion on it.

I wasn't sure because some of the spelling and grammar was a bit unprofessional too. When I read:

"a unbelievable price they is over £1000 worth of kit if bought on its own"

It seemed a bit strange.

Well thanks anyway, I think I'll keep looking I guess! He actually has one on Ebay (as a Classified Ad) and the link that I gave was for his website advertising them. The adverts are slightly different.

Thanks again! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.