T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just signed up and followed the on screen messages so thought i'd introduce myself, my name Tony, originally from england but living in america with my wife right now.
I found this place after searching hours through the various sites where i've been attempting to start a T-shirt business, didn't realise there were so many places doing it but I believe there is room for one more (especially in this area).
I've not even started yet so i'm glad I found this place as it seems really helpful and I would like to get the best advice I can before running into this head first.
So far i've found what appears to be a decent supplier of the iron on transfers (about $1 up to $3 per transfer) and T-shirts around $1.50, you'll have to let me know if i'm already on the wrong track.
The cheapest press i've seen so far (new) was priced at about $299 and i've been looking for a cheaper one but there doesn't seem to be any lower priced ones out there, there are plenty which are more expensive than that but i'm only just wanting to try this out maybe at the local flea market just to see how it goes.
Any tips or links you think would be helpful to me I would very much appreciate, once I start something I tend to stick with it and this is something that very much appeals to me.
Well gone on a bit so i'll await any replies and look forward speaking with you in the future.

Tony

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Tony, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

If you think you might stick with heat pressing your own garments, one thing I've read over and over here is to not buy the "cheapest" heat press, because a cheap heat press will make your t-shirts come out looking cheap.

If you start off with quality (even if it means a larger investment), you will give yourself a better chance at success. Also, if you decide it's not for you, a better press will hold it's value better on the resale market.

See this recent thread for reference:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=3977

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,
Thanks for the welcome posts and thanks Rodney for the advice, I had actually read that post you referred to before posting which was one of the reasons for my post, wanted to get more information.
I realise as with most things cheap isn't always best and the one I referred to in my introduction post wasn't the standard 15x15 you seem to recomend it was smaller than that (i think 9x12 or similar).
Funds are a problem when starting out so I wondered if any of the major suppliers do a monthly payment scheme on heating presses, I did find one site which leases but I think leasing is not a good idea, I would rather own.
Anyone know of payment plans on heating presses? Appreciate any feedback as I know I haven't found all the suppliers.
Also the prices i've found on transfers so far, would you say that's about the going rate?
Thanks again,
Tony

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Funds are a problem when starting out so I wondered if any of the major suppliers do a monthly payment scheme on heating presses, I did find one site which leases but I think leasing is not a good idea, I would rather own.
Anyone know of payment plans on heating presses? Appreciate any feedback as I know I haven't found all the suppliers.
One of our forum sponsors, Imprintables Warehouse offers payment plans through their leasing option.

They call it a "lease", but it's actually a payment plan for you to own the equipment while you pay for it.

If you check out their lease calculator, you'll see that at the end of the lease you can buy the equipment for $1:
https://www.elbtools.com/secure/calc.php?elbt=112921073060

They also have some discounts for forum members:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/view.php?pg=imprintablesexclusive

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,
Wow quick response, thanks rodney. Just checked that calculator out, I believe I could work with that, will let you know how it goes, thanks.

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts