T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m not new in the t-Shirt business, but looking to grow. Need to print on colored shirts. Thinking about Roland GX-24 Vinyl Cutter
Heat sensitive Vinyl. Looking for feeback. Found my self with this helpfull website :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a GCC (puma) cutter. It works fine for me. I would have gone with a better make but had limited funds. I have used thermoflex and hotmark for the t-shirt vinyl. They both work pretty good as far as the cutting and weeding, but I think that the thermoflex looks better on the fabric. I have screen printing equipment too, but I haven't gotten comfortable with the equipment. For me, vinyl transfers give me less problems. I do simple designs so the vinyl has been fine for me. So, what kind of questions do you have? I'm no expert either, I'm still learning myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ckelly617 said:
I have a GCC (puma) cutter. It works fine for me. I would have gone with a better make but had limited funds. I have used thermoflex and hotmark for the t-shirt vinyl. They both work pretty good as far as the cutting and weeding, but I think that the thermoflex looks better on the fabric. I have screen printing equipment too, but I haven't gotten comfortable with the equipment. For me, vinyl transfers give me less problems. I do simple designs so the vinyl has been fine for me. So, what kind of questions do you have? I'm no expert either, I'm still learning myself.
Thanks for your response, I like the roland becaues I do'nt want to get locked into something that I hopefully out grow to quick. I do some work for a car club and they bring computer designed art work totransfered but would like to use colored shirts. Screen printing is costly, too many colors. What is a good brand of heat transfer paper that will work with the cutter, and have a smooth feel on colored shirts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts