T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

Me and my husband are graphics designers and we just got into the business of designing and printing t-shirts. we need a little bit of help. We are looking for more urban style blank t-shirts t put our designs on, however, it is extremely hard to find them.

We, sometimes vend at Howard University, and with it being an historically black university, many of the students are looking for that urban design and feel.

Also, we are looking for a company on the EAST COAST that can do all types of screen printing such as:

1. High density
2. Plastisol Gel
3. Glitter
4. Puff
5. Flock
6. Liquid metal ink

We've found companies in California that do this, but shipping costs are crazy.
Please, please help us if you have any suggestions. Thanks, in advance, for your replys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
apjart said:
We are looking for more urban style blank t-shirts t put our designs on, however, it is extremely hard to find them.
Thanks, in advance, for your replys.
Well, what kind are you using now? Do you only buy local? There are wholesale spots here in Los Angeles with urban fit tees, ie. BIG SHIRTS!
Let me know what your looking for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dugg29 said:
Well, what kind are you using now? Do you only buy local? There are wholesale spots here in Los Angeles with urban fit tees, ie. BIG SHIRTS!
Let me know what your looking for.
We are located on the east coast and would really like to find a supplier here. However, at this point, we are thankful for any urban blank tees that we can find. Thanks for your response.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Also, we are looking for a company on the EAST COAST that can do all types of screen printing such as:
We try to stay away from printer recommendation posts that might encourage self promotion, but you can find printers by looking in your local phone book and interviewing a few.

You can also check out http://boards.screenprinters.net, they have lots of screen printers there and a classifieds area where you can post a job request and get quotes.

We have a several members here who are printers on the east coast. Once you have 15 posts here, you can post a SERVICE REQUEST post in our classifieds area to get estimates from our members.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, proclub is cool. don't know about luxe-t. Another is Shaka wear tees.
Just got some two weeks ago. Better than Proclub.
In the urban market, people are more particular about the neck, length of the sleeve and weight of shirt. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
apjart said:
Hi Everybody,

1. High density
2. Plastisol Gel
3. Glitter
4. Puff
5. Flock
6. Liquid metal ink
hi there,

for a large order, perhaps try to find a screen printer near you. They would also be able to get the shirts you need or even heat apply ready made heat transfers.

It depends on the quantity you need printed. For large quantity, there are cut/sew factories that also screen print the shirts or apply heat transfers.

For small quantity and a lot of designs, may be use heat transfers and hire a heat press printer near you....or press the shirts yourself (you save a little).

For the printing finish-ends you're looking for, puff is very delicate. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are on the East Coast I feel your best bet is Luxe-T. These t-shirts I feel are the best on the market but it all depends on who you are selling to and in what area. Some people like the longer tees in certain areas and other don't so that is a variable I feel but one thing is the fad percentage and the color, weight, and shape of the tee and Luxe has it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts