T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and I've been reading pretty much everything. Some can be confusing and I'd appreciate any general advice. I'm a graphic designer by heart and small business owner. I really want to make a DTG printer but am gunna start with a simpler DIY sublimation setup. I'm getting my Empty CIS System from Amazon, Refurbished Epson WorkForce 1100 from Epsons website, Transfers from CoastalBusiness.com which was the best price I could find (and I'm good at tracking the best prices) and thanks guys for the 5% off code: tshirt-forum, sublimation ink from aliexpress.com. Shirts, mugs, etc from a local retailer.

A few questions: Should a referbished printer be fine? because I know I have to change the ink type, etc.

A few words: I read a few posts that stated that WorkForce 1100 Printers are hard to come by and are out of stock pretty much everywhere and actually cost more for parts on ebay, etc. I'd like to let everyone know that you can still find them through the Epson store for referbished models and I tracked down a 15% off coupon with the code: SAV15. Under a hundred bucks didn't seem bad.

· Registered
9 Posts
Welcome!! While I don't know much about sublimation printers - I will just go off what I know of buying refurbished equipment. Normally refurbs go through a pretty substantial checkup before they are resold so they are sometimes just like if not better than new. Good luck with your new endeavor and keep us posted!! :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.