T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone....I just recieved a HP 3930 Deskjet printerfor X-mas by suprise when I was planning on getting an Epson c86. Will this HP printer work just as well?? Because if there is not that great of difference than I will go ahead & go on without the Epson. Shoot me a line anyone if you have any experience with Hp's. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Are you printing screenprinting films, or are you wanted to use the HP for printing heat transfers?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney I will be using it to print heat transfers. I keep hearing that Epson is the best quality, so I was wondering if I needed to go ahead & get the Epson opposed to the HP. I just want the best quality of prints. Let me know what you think when you get a chance. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If you want to achieve the best quality product, youre going to need to get the epson...The epson uses pigmented inks, which will not bleed in the wash, while the HP (and every other printer for that matter) uses dye based inks which bleed during the first wash.

You could go ahead with the HP...I mean you can still produce a quality product with dye based inks. Its just that first wash ;) .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what I was thinking. The HP was a X-Mas gift, but I will go ahead & grab the Epson 86. Thanks bro!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts