T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Very clean and in line with your brand!

Did you design it yourself? What software are you using?

·
2,957 Posts
Nice!

Did you go with the gloss? I can't tell from the pics.

I like the box for the sticker. Exactly what I plan to do.

You get a tagging gun yet? Where do you plan to put them?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I did them myself. I design in Corel Draw. I didn't draw the baby though, I had an artist do that.

I didn't go with the gloss. I really don't like the glossy look.

I do have a tagging gun. I always put my tags through the label. Guess I just can't bring myself to poke a hole in the sleeve. :)

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Which company are you going with to print the labels?

Are you doing this for just your online retail sales, or are you gearing up to try to get into offline retails stores?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, once I get my shopping cart figured out (if I ever get it figured out) I'll focus first on the online sales. I want to work at marketing my site, getting good links, etc.

Then I'll try to go after some retail. But since I have no experience selling that way, I have to build up my courage. :D

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I thought I would share my idea with you on this. I like to give away a free sticker with each t-shirt. The sticker is the same designt hat is on the shirt. So Ive been printing stickers, plus care sheets for each order right. Well since someone suggested hangtags like this, I figured I could do both with one print....
Now I print a hangtag on my sticker paper and tag it to the shirt. The hang tag has the care instructions on it and a sticker. The customer just has to cut along the lines to have the sticker and not have the care instructions on the sticker.
Here is an example...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
skulltshirts1 said:
I figured I could do both with one print....
Now I print a hangtag on my sticker paper and tag it to the shirt.
How efficient :D

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
neato said:
So what would you change?
I wouldn't have played up the "these clothes wear out, wash them correctly" angle as much (it means the negative is coming before the positive; a little off-putting), I think "kids are tough on" is fine, but "before putting it on your kid" isn't ("your kid" tends to have negative connotations since it's normally used in connection with an accusation), and I'd probably use less silver and more of another colour... it might just be from looking at it on this monitor, but the card doesn't seem to pop much.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with the negetive connotations. But I really try to keep a very informal/retro feel to my site and related products, thus the use of the word 'kid'.

I'll play with the colors a little more to see if I can make them pop.

Thanks for your remarks! :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Neato change kid to child.

Skull I love the look of the design but having to cut my own sticker is a little too much for me. Maybe I'm lazy. I think if you want to include a sticker have it as a separate item. That's just me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts