T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm new to this site but i have to say that i have gotten so much more info than i did while searching for the past month...i was wondering if anyone could help me. i have so many questions its ridiculous. i want to start a t-shirt company and dont know where to start, i have done all my research on the particular market i am trying to embark on, i have someone who will work on the financial logistics etc i have the t-shirt ideas all i need is someone who can put my ideas into art, the market i am embarking on fairly new so i wanted simple but eyecatching designs. All the work and research i have done so far has been based on intinct but i know i have gotten to the point where i need someone in the business to take me through the other things i have to think abt.

Abt me: i am a female from what some would term the developing world, taken a year off from grad school in new york (studying psych), i am very dedicated to making this work as it is targeted on people from my background who are desperate for clothing that depicts the new culture we have formed in which we balance our ethnic culture with a foriegn culture (european/american). This is not to say we are not proud of who we are but that this is who we are.

Any ideas, suggestions or anyone who wouldnt mind giving me a bit of their time would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, welcome to the sight. I am also new to the sight but have an extensive background in graphic arts and illustration with many years in the printing and promotional products industry in the graphic arts field. Any questions you may have on graphics I would be happy to help you with. To see some samples of my past work check out my website at www.Logo-Mechanix.com.

John

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You have two options. Either you hire a graphic designer, or you learn how to be a graphic designer yourself.

If you want to do it yourself, You will need to buy a program to start with. I would reccomend illustrator or photoshop, depending on what type of designs you are doing. Go to a book store and buy a book on the program of your choice, and off you go. It will take a while to learn those pragrams though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank u both, i am actually looking to get illustrator so at least i can put my ideas on there and then if i do get a designer they have an idea of what i am talking about.

i was looking at ladies fitted tees i think they were AA and they cost 6.75 is that a good price? i want t-shirt styles that women would actually want to wear rather than baggy ones they will wear once and go to sleep in...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
You should be able to get them cheaper than that. Check with Broder Bros (broder.com); they run about 4.70 each there for the fine jersey variety. I would suggest S&S Activewear but they do not carry American Apparel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice, i will look into that...and i am glad to report i have a potential graphic designer (thank goodness for crazee undergrad days, i knew i was right when pleading my case that these were the contacts i would be making for later in life...contacts can be made while bar hopping!!)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to look at those anvil ladies' shirts too. S&S has them and the onle place I found that finally gave me the sizes on them said they were almost the same as the Gildan uni-sex shirts except a little shorter (which they should be).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts