T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bonjour i am french help please i just bought 2 sawgrass 1 of 400 1 of 800 that i put in cotton i want to make a cotton t-shirt for my grandson and i can't do it png, or jpeg image format, i have took a truepix paper I go through print manager, and I press at 200, 60 seconds and nothing on the t-shirt

· Registered
4,503 Posts
i have took a truepix paper I go through print manager, and I press at 200, 60 seconds and nothing on the t-shirt
I have chromoblast ink in the 800
Wrong combination.
For chromablast you need chromablast paper.
You can of course use other inkjet transfer papers for white cotton garments, but NOT sublimation papers.

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Chromablast paper, and things along those lines that allow you to "sublimate on cotton garments," do not sublimate cotton. They are essentially sublimated stickers that you stick on top of the garment, so as Tabob noted, you need that sort of paper rather than regular sublimation paper in order to accomplish what you are trying to do.

· Registered
4,503 Posts
Chromablast paper, and things along those lines that allow you to "sublimate on cotton garments," do not sublimate cotton.
Just to clarify we are not talking about sublimation here, as Chromablast ink is NOT sublimation ink.
It's all marketing hype by the way. Chromablast paper is just like JPSS and similar papers.

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Just to clarify we are not talking about sublimation here, as Chromablast ink is NOT sublimation ink.
It's all marketing hype by the way. Chromablast paper is just like JPSS and similar papers.
:p Really? It's not even sublimation ink? I would say something extra "pithy" about Sawgrass, but it would turn to * anyway ;) Hype indeed.

I've experimented with actual sublimation ink and JPSS. Seems to work well, at least as far into the washing torture test as I have gotten. It's a scenario of interest to me simply to avoid having to have yet another inkjet.

· Registered
4,503 Posts
:p Really? It's not even sublimation ink? I would say something extra "pithy" about Sawgrass, but it would turn to * anyway ;) Hype indeed.
To be fair Sawgrass documentation makes it clear that Cromablast ink is not a sublimation ink and that you will have to use a separate printer if you already have one using sublimation ink. It is also clearly stated in the data sheet "pigment".
Rectangle Font Line Material property Parallel

I've experimented with actual sublimation ink and JPSS. Seems to work well, at least as far into the washing torture test as I have gotten. It's a scenario of interest to me simply to avoid having to have yet another inkjet.
Sublimation ink does work with JPSS because the polymer can absorb some of the dye,but there is some bleeding and fading after the first wash.
Cromablast ink does not bleed because it is water resistant on its own.
Another stock ink that's water resistant on its own is the "Epson DuraBright Pro".

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Sublimation ink does work with JPSS because the polymer can absorb some of the dye,but there is some bleeding and fading after the first wash.
I'm on the 3rd wash with no apparent change. I did use a 40% poly tee, so the shirt can hold onto some of the ink itself. So far it looks like more time or more temp gives better results than the standard JPSS time/temp. Of course, the direct prints without JPSS fade a great deal with the very first wash on that 40% tee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.