T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just bought a Epson workforce 7710 inkjet printer (recently used an HP but my transfers would bleed after one wash) I cannot Seem to get the correct paper/ink settings so that it can transfer properly onto the garment! Every time i heat press the image the background turns a slight yellow! Anyone have any advice? Please??

·
Registered
168 Posts
What paper are you using? How are you pressing - time, temp, pressure? Have you verified your press's temperature with test strips or a temp gun?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What paper are you using? How are you pressing - time, temp, pressure? Have you verified your press's temperature with test strips or a temp gun?
I’m using paropy dark classic inkjet paper, yes I’ve checked the temp to make sure it was correct. And the settings on the Epson printer are plain white because everywhere I’ve read says the glossy/matte uses way too much ink

·
Registered
168 Posts
When you say "background" do you mean where there is no ink, just the transfer material? lf you mean a printed area, are you using DuraBright ink (that came with the printer)?

·
Registered
168 Posts
DuraBright ink, that come with that printer, is a pigment ink and is known for "yellow shift".

Reactions: mgparrish

·
Registered
450 Posts
I’ve just bought a Epson workforce 7710 inkjet printer (recently used an HP but my transfers would bleed after one wash) I cannot Seem to get the correct paper/ink settings so that it can transfer properly onto the garment! Every time i heat press the image the background turns a slight yellow! Anyone have any advice? Please??

Not sure what would cause the yellowing in the background.

I have the 7610 and it uses the same pigment ink. But i dont use the Paropy paper.

I use the jpss(which is stretchy) and 3g Opaque( which is Firm). So im not sure what would cause that color issue.
Mine come out just fine when printing and pressing with no yellow issue .When i print i choose plain paper but with photo quality.

When i press my images with Jpss etc i wait about 10 min before pressing ,so i know the ink is dry. And then i pre-press the shirt for 3-5 secs and then apply my design and press for 30 secs or so and peel it hot,stretch the shirt in a couple different ways and place parchment over the image and press for another 10 secs to make the transfer go deeper into the shirt.

Not sure if this link will help i found but it talks about yellowing of the paper.
https://www.photopaperdirect.com/blog/?p=1278

If you have any questions drop me a message.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
The yellowing is typical of pigment inks.

There are some inks designed not to do that for tshirts, for example ,,,

https://www.inksupply.com/heat_transfer_ink.cfm

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Not sure what would cause the yellowing in the background.

I have the 7610 and it uses the same pigment ink. But i dont use the Paropy paper.

I use the jpss(which is stretchy) and 3g Opaque( which is Firm). So im not sure what would cause that color issue.
Mine come out just fine when printing and pressing with no yellow issue .When i print i choose plain paper but with photo quality.

When i press my images with Jpss etc i wait about 10 min before pressing ,so i know the ink is dry. And then i pre-press the shirt for 3-5 secs and then apply my design and press for 30 secs or so and peel it hot,stretch the shirt in a couple different ways and place parchment over the image and press for another 10 secs to make the transfer go deeper into the shirt.

Not sure if this link will help i found but it talks about yellowing of the paper.
https://www.photopaperdirect.com/blog/?p=1278

If you have any questions drop me a message.
It's there, it's subtle. If you look closely it's there, you can mostly see it on grayscales, they will be slight olive in some shades. When you peel JPSS you can see the yellow residue that remains on the peeled paper. You don't peel 3G after pressing, so it's less obvious.

All Epson pigment inks do that, I have a few of the newer WF Epsons, all the Durabrite inks shift a bit when heat pressed.

It's not due to paper, it's the inks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.