T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to do my own transfers I spent a lot on the heat press and tshirts and stock transfers already but want to do my own. can anyone tell me a good affordable printer I can use to make my own . I have a cannon but it does not have the right ink

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Most of us use Epson printers. For inkjet transfers you will need pigment ink. The Epson printers that use pigment ink have Durabrite printed on the front of them. Durabrite is their trade name for their pigment ink. Once you get a printer go to Cobra Ink and get refillable ink carts and bulk pigment ink but before you buy the printer make sure you can get the refillable ink carts for it. The vendors on the left here can supply transfer paper for you. I think Cobra sells transfer paper too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, generally speaking you cannot go wrong with Epson printers if you're using ink-jet. For the papers, I would recommend the Jet-Pro SofStretch for light fabrics and the 3-G Opaque for dark fabrics, both are manufactured by Neenah paper and sold through their distributors which you can find on this site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.