T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I an a newbie in screen printing. I have a job that they want a 8.5x11" white box with the rest of the design on top. so im having troble with printing the white on dark colors (back,red) shirts it doesnt lay right and it pulls the fibers up. Please Help.
Raymond

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, what sort of ink are you using? try using a lower mesh to lay more ink on to fabrik may be a 70 it depends how thick your ink is and your rite try using less pressure.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The key is a very good offcontact and a tight screen. That has helped me. Obviously my technique has gotten better since I started, but it really just seems to be an issue of:
-having enough adhesive on your platen
-having the correct off-contact
-tighter screens. The tighter screen(not higher mesh) will pop back up quicker and seem to give a better print.

I do a flood stroke then a print stroke. I repeat the flood then do a print stroke with less pressure and less angle so it's more like spreading peanut butter on bread. that seems to get me decent white on darks.

oh almost forgot... I use anywhere from 86 to 156 mesh screens for white ink. I picked up 86 mesh for puffer ink and underbases, but I still prefer using 110 and up for underbases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts