T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new to this site and hope im posting in correct place! I have so many unanswered questions this is just one of them. I will need to post my other question in different forum lol.

I make vinyl decals, I use oracal 751 right now and jeez i forget the transfer tape is from USCUTTER. However these are for customers that I know and make all their shirts for and my Decals look great and work but not something I could send in mail and sell to a customer because they dont look professional. Does that make sense? How do i make my decals perfect? When using transfer tape its so sticky so i use microfiber towel first to make it super workable to place over my decal for transfer. I have done customers whole vehicles with decals but i like to be there to help put it on because of my placement. I am now contracted with 3 different companies. I designed their logos myself and made their shirts for them. I now just signed with a security company my logo and shirts got approved by DPS but NOW THEY WANT ME TO MAKE THEIR VEHICLE DECALS AND DECALS FOR THEIR OFFICE WITH THEIR LOGO AND NAME TO PUT ON OFFICE WINDOWS AND ETC?????? IM AT A LOSS IM SO SCARED IM GOING TO MESS IT UP??!!!

HELPP PLEASEE ANY ADVICE I WILL TAKE IT ANY AT ALL TIPS ETC. I can only youtube and google and ask friends in the business so much and I found this beautiful website i so need a community like this lol

what outdoor vinyl do you use?
what transfer tape?
how do you put transfer tape on neatly to decal?
Any tutorials i can search that i haven't already?

Thank you so much in advance!
Megan
Limitless Creations LLC

· Registered
859 Posts
what outdoor vinyl do you use?
what transfer tape?
how do you put transfer tape on neatly to decal?
Any tutorials i can search that i haven't already?
751 is perfect for vehicle graphics and lettering.
We like transfer right transfer tape...582U medium tack.
Applying transfer tape is pretty simple, but a little practice makes perfect.
Not the easiest thing to explain in a post....check out this video for the basic idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eer4QzHeYKY

Reactions: write2meg

· Registered
9 Posts
Vinyl; Alpha Premium, rated for about 8-10 years, cuts easy, looks good, holds color under use, I really like it.
Transfer Tape; TransferRite Series 310 (has the grid on it so it makes lining up on the window, car, door, what-have-you SUPER easy)
Lining up the transfer tape & applying the decal cleanly comes down to practice, practice, practice.
The TransferRite tape also helps with that because it makes it easy to line up(as I said before).

I have done really large race car trailer decals before, and we would spray the trailer with a light misting of water before applying the graphic, this meant that we could gently move the decal once its on the trailer a slight bit.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much! okay that is great to hear about 751 being perfect I have used and tested it on my own car since the very beginning i found that of course by googling alot lol and i will def check out that video and also buy some of that transfer tape you mentioned. Yes takes practice i just feel i may be doing that part wrong?! then do you just cut it in a nice even square and mail with cardboard so it doesnt bend? When mailing?

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW thank you for those tips! slightly spraying with water genius!!!! okay just saw all these comments i hope im replying correctly? I am so grateful for each and every one I could have never imagined to get such great help! So maybe i am doing it right JUST NEED MORE PRACTICE AND PATIENCE lol lol vinyl shirts is my EXPERTISE but man the decals sure can frustrate me beyond words sometimes lol

· Registered
9 Posts
then do you just cut it in a nice even square and mail with cardboard so it doesnt bend? When mailing?
I actually just sent out a stack of decals in the mail last week and received a message that they (well, at least one) arrived safe and sound & that's exactly what I did. Priority mail envelope, the thicker one, with a heavy paper on each side to keep it stiff. I generally cut the decals out square/rectangular whichever fits the design best. then just trim the transfer tape to the edge of the carrier sheet. So far, so good!

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually just sent out a stack of decals in the mail last week and received a message that they (well, at least one) arrived safe and sound & that's exactly what I did. Priority mail envelope, the thicker one, with a heavy paper on each side to keep it stiff. I generally cut the decals out square/rectangular whichever fits the design best. then just trim the transfer tape to the edge of the carrier sheet. So far, so good!

WOW that is great news and good to hear! see i used to order decals before i started my business and they just look so dam neat with neat paper behind and great transfer tape on top lol i hope buying the suggested transfer tapes above will help and again I need ALOT more practice ALOT. I make tons of shirts but now the cleaning company messaged me today AND THEY WANT THEIR VEHICLES DONE THE SAME WAY I DID THEIR SHIRTS hahahaha so now i have them and the security company wanting their cars and business the same way i designed their shirts since i made their logo for them and shirts IM SO SCARED i told them i cant until next month ahahaha im freaking out, i will practice until then and take all these tips oh my!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.