T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz. I'am new with design and I use illustrator and photoshop.
I use go medias vector but have a problem. I dont know how to use it >.<

I cant figure out how to put a vector IN a picture. Every time a try it the vector is behind the picture or above the picture. i cant get it in the picture >.<

I hope you guys understand what I'am trying to tell ya.

EDIT: Example : http://www.gomediazine.com/tutorials/step-by-step-using-the-vector-packs/

I dont think they said how to do it o_O or i cant understand what they do there

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
So many of these types of things i find myself just doing automatic so its hard to get the steps but ill try.

If it in photoshop you go to the layers and move that layer with the vector to abo ve the others in the list..
In illy you go to the top bar click on object .. then on arrange.. and you have options to bring it to the front of the back..
you have to make sure that is the only thing highlited before you do that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you trying to do this in illustrator or photoshop? The go media file is vector, is your picture file a vector too or is it a photoshop file?

Hmm I'am doing this in Illustrator. And the picture is just a normal JPEG or normal camera file . So i try to get the vectors behind the boy/girl in that picture but only behind that boy/girl .

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
so your trying to get it behind something in the picture but not behind other things in the same picture???
if that so.. You cant do it that way..
you would have to take the jpeg into photoshop and make the picture into seperate layers by seperating the girl and boy from the background of the picture.. .. Its hard to explain exactly how without seeing the actual picture tho.
but sometimes you can do it with the magic wand the copy and paste that part into a seperate layer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so your trying to get it behind something in the picture but not behind other things in the same picture???
if that so.. You cant do it that way..
you would have to take the jpeg into photoshop and make the picture into seperate layers by seperating the girl and boy from the background of the picture.. .. Its hard to explain exactly how without seeing the actual picture tho.
but sometimes you can do it with the magic wand the copy and paste that part into a seperate layer.
Oh I understand what your talking about. Hmm but When i do that and only drag the boy from photoshop. Then it gets a white background arround the boy in Illustrator o_O it just get automaticly a white background o_O

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
try pasteing the boy onto a transparent back ground in photoshop and then saving as a photoshop file instead of jpeg.. and then bringing it into illy..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
try pasteing the boy onto a transparent back ground in photoshop and then saving as a photoshop file instead of jpeg.. and then bringing it into illy..

Omg! Thank you so much :D dmn i have tried to figure out how to do this
in so many hours xD Well it works perfect :D thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
whewwwww.. glad i could help..
sometimes its trying to figure your way around things in photoshop and illy and using them together.. It all takes time to get used to what differant things do.. it will come to you in time..
belive me.. we all started out at some time..
sue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts