T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Im having some issues with my Jet Pro Soft Stretch transfer (light) and the cricut easy press 2 heat press. Some decals come out ok on my t shirts but most images/ fonts leave a grainy texture on both the paper and T-shirt with most of the ink not transferring onto the garment. Has anyone had any issues with this transfer and a cricut heat press? Or do i need to get a more industrial at home heat press? Any tips would he appreciate. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
jpss needs heavy-heavy pressure, time and consistent temp
if you are just doing left chest sized logos that all of the jpss fits under the press, then you may be able to jerry-rig a suitable system to really weigh down the press and simply wait for the 30 seconds (follow procedure linked below)
but if the paper/design is bigger than your press...

hopefully you have a pigment ink printer

you do need a heatpress, if you are looking to start inexpensively try buying used (post what you find here before you buy though)
or if you want to buy new and are leery about cheap presses made cheaply, i would suggest something local with a warranty where you can physically bring the press in
or check out proworld's presses here (proworlded is a member of this forum and can answer any questions you may have here)

if you find anything else that interests you search, or post a thread, in the heatpress subforum here

here is a decent procedure for applying jpss

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jpss needs heavy-heavy pressure, time and consistent temp
if you are just doing left chest sized logos that all of the jpss fits under the press, then you may be able to jerry-rig a suitable system to really weigh down the press and simply wait for the 30 seconds (follow procedure linked below)
but if the paper/design is bigger than your press...

hopefully you have a pigment ink printer

you do need a heatpress, if you are looking to start inexpensively try buying used (post what you find here before you buy though)
or if you want to buy new and are leery about cheap presses made cheaply, i would suggest something local with a warranty where you can physically bring the press in
or check out proworld's presses here (proworlded is a member of this forum and can answer any questions you may have here)

if you find anything else that interests you search, or post a thread, in the heatpress subforum here

here is a decent procedure for applying jpss
Thank you for the advice! Do you happen to know if it’s safe (power wise) to use a normal heat press in an apartment?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Thank you for the advice! Do you happen to know if it’s safe (power wise) to use a normal heat press in an apartment?
most of the 15x15's run on a normal household 15amp circuit (you may have to watch if the breaker kicks off while making toast/etc., then move the press to a different circuit)

be watchful with some of the 16x20's, some of those recommend/require a 20amp circuit

also make sure any extension cord used is a 12gauge, and limit it ti 25' (check it to ensure the extension cord is not getting hot)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
most of the 15x15's run on a normal household 15amp circuit (you may have to watch if the breaker kicks off while making toast/etc., then move the press to a different circuit)

be watchful with some of the 16x20's, some of those recommend/require a 20amp circuit

also make sure any extension cord used is a 12gauge, and limit it ti 25' (check it to ensure the extension cord is not getting hot)
Perfect! Thanks so much for all you advice. Really appreciate it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.