T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Of course the answer to that is, it all depends on what size mugs you use, and what brand too.

I use Cactus brand mugs, that are the 11oz. size, they are "hard-coated" and accept an image all the way up to the rim of the mug, and down all the way to the bottom.
The horizontal size I believe is 8.5", if I'm wrong, just measure 'around' to about 3/4" to the handle.
(Measure the circumference of the mug until you get close to the handle in other words)
It all depends on if you are using a mug wrap, or a machine press too maybe, these dimensions I gave are for the wrap only, I have never used a press.

You need to mention what brand, what size mug you have to get a more specific answer though, there's way too many possible scenarios on that question. :D

I make my transfer about 1/16" larger top and bottom, then use my palm to wrap the paper over the top (and bottom) of the mug, that will allow the image to be transferred to the middle of the rim.

So, for my applications, the measurements are 3-7/8"x8.5", this will include the bleed on the top and bottom.
If you don't want that, the height would just be 3-3/4"...

Randy

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I also suggest checking out the Dye sub info site on the left side of the page here.This site has given me valuable information. I bet if you ask someone their may have some templates they will share with you. ... JB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts