T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i am new here and many of you seem like you know what you are doing. I am creating a print using the method from this website.. www.photoez.us i'm not a professional at screen printing, but i know some simple stuff.

but i want to create an image with two colors and i can't figure out how! this is the image i am using... how do i do the red and the black? thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Lauren

Welcome to the forums :)

To screen print an image with two colours you need to create two screens. You need one screen for all the black parts and one for all the red parts. Then all you do is print one colour first, flash it for 10 seconds or so just to ensure the ink won't come off on the bottom of the next screen and then print the second colour (using the other screen) over that. Of course this means that you have to separate the colours of your design...

I hope that's what the question was asking!

Best of luck to you :)

- Annie

·
Registered
282 Posts
it looks like you have a couple of shades of red in that pic, so you're going to have to pick the one you like the best and roll with it. you may also want to make some of your black lines thicker... but it might work as is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks so much! so how do i separate the colors so the "red" is on one peice of paper and the black lines are on another peice of paper?

help is appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there a way i can separate the colors in maybe photoshop or something? because i can't re-draw the image since i didn't draw it in the first place. i also do not know how to go about using vector.

thanks again!

·
Registered
382 Posts
You can try to create a duotone image in photoshop. What that does it is takes your image and creates a two color separation. You go to image - mode - grayscale, then image - mode - duotone. Then you'll be able to pick actual panton numbers for your colors. You can then select the graph icon to the left of each swatch to further refine the color. You may want to look up some tutorials on this to help you out as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts