T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the specs of All saints t-shirts, but the only thing I know is what's on the tag (100% cotton). What are the specs for a cotton shirt to be that soft and have that kind of draping ??? Every 100% cotton that I find feels rough compared to it. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks folks.

· Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm looking for the specs of All saints t-shirts, but the only thing I know is what's on the tag (100% cotton). What are the specs for a cotton shirt to be that soft and have that kind of draping ??? Every 100% cotton that I find feels rough compared to it. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks folks.
Hi friend,

Normally, you will find less t-shirts state the specs in the tag except telling people its content.

As you talked about the softness and draping, it will depend on the "cotton yarn" have been used, and additional "wash techniques" to be used; The draping will depend on the "fabric weight" and "cut design" affect.

Original cotton fabric is soft, but not soft enough,and feel a little bit coarse that many customers don't like very much. Hence, some manufacturers will wash the fabric for a better softness, it become softer than origin, for a special look of fabric, manufacturer may use silicone wash for a silk-alike quality just like mercerized cotton(use different techniques), shiny face, and touch slip and soft. The cotton yarn itself differ from high quality yarn or ordinary, the fabric producted w/ its softness and edurability will differ each other too.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.