T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got a Ranar Curestar 4000.. it has a 24" wide 8 foot belt. It also has a 4 foot chamber with a 24" by 24" heating element inside. The temp setting is 0-1000 degrees and I can raise the panel anywhere from 4"-7" off the belt...

My problem is I can't seem to hit the 320 mark consistently... whatever I try it either comes out the other side at like 450 or to cool like 200.. I know it will be temperamental being such a small drier but just looking for some tips...

Does anyone have a small drier like this and how do you typically set yours up?

Do you crank the heat all the way up and raise the panel up and down with belt speed or the other way around? Any tips would be awesome

Thanks,
Jeron

·
Registered
203 Posts
I used to have a BBC small dryer and had the same problem. Slow your belt down. I did a bunch of test shirts on mine before I got the right setting for the speed. I left the temperature set to 350 and just adjusted the belt speed until all of the shirts were consistently coming out around 330.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Excuse my bad english....

Do the coils of the heating element glow when it's powered on?

Try full power, middle hight as major settings. Then just arrange the belt speed till you get consistent results.

My dryer is with quartz heating elements. So there is a bit more infrared radiation....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.